New IT Daddy Blog - IS ALMOST READY!

itdaddyitdaddy Member Posts: 2,089 ■■■■□□□□□□
http://CCNP.ITDADDY.NET

Hey CCNA/CCNP wannabees! I am starting up my new CCNP blog. I will leave my old
CCNA blog up (I like that old! hahha) and running.

I love my new look and I plan on 1. writing much better 2. spelling much better 3. displaying my labs in a better more professional fashion.

Want to thank that famous routemyworld.com Cisco Rocket of a network engineer Big G!
for doing a fantastic job on his writing style. It has embarrassed me so much I made and I am hosting my own home wordpress.org blog on my own servers at home. It is kind of fun
and can be very time consuming but once it is up and running and I get my DNS issues
worked out. IT will be awesome. Wordpress just came out with the theme Transformers
and I love that Transformer movie! So be patient and watchful and soon it will be up and running
full-bore! Yeah!

-Robert(IT Daddy) icon_lol.gif

Comments

• gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Hey Robert

I remember your posts over at MCMCSE and I am glad to see that none of your enthusiasm has wained for IT.

You've also inspired me to start a blog too, which I've just opened.

Once I've got the initial stuff sorted out, I'll post it here for people if they are interested in reading it.
  • itdaddyitdaddy Member Posts: 2,089 ■■■■□□□□□□
    gorebrush

hey that is great cheer mate!

yeah i really like doing the blog thing. It makes me more disciplined to learn my stuff.
    The old saying if yu can teach it is a good saying. Plus if people read it, they will be very
    critical which I like, cause if I am wrong people have a knack of telling me I am wrong ( hee hee)but it helps me learn and do better as a person. Plus it helps me play with all these toys
    that I have..but yeah I eventually may host my blog on a paid host site and have them do
    all the security but for know I want to do it myself to learn some things. I learn best if
    I mess up and do something wrong and then get corrected ;)

BUt yeah, my site doesnt work right now I am having some issues but I am talking
    to my DNS provider which I think knows what is up. I have to work out some bugs
    to have my new blog up and running.

I think blogging is a place where us men can just be ourselves. I like to add fun stuff too on my blog not just IT stuff so I will have funny Youtube stuff and misc fun stuff as well but mostly
    Cisco stuff since I am working on CCNP it will consume me ;).I just got my new rack
    together and am filling with ebay Cisco devices and want to share my journey and
    maybe help someone along the way that would be nice. If I can help someone
    or inspire someone it makes me happy. God Speed man!

I seeyou live in UK. I lived there for 2 years while I was in USAF and loved the beer there man.
    And the people were very cool and country side was spectacular! I live 30 min from Oxford
    and a air base call Upper Heyford. I miss the geat beer..
    bowing.gif
    Ah excellent.

I too am on my CCNP journey... Currently doing the BSCI.

I need to check that my 2500's are actually of use anymore. So far i've been dabbling with GNS3, but finding it very frustrating at times because it will break easily.

I ordered my Skeletek rack today though, so I should soon be ordering more routers/switches

Anyway, onto the important stuff...

Beer!

Beer in this country is pretty good - what ones did you try?
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    gorebrush wrote:
    I need to check that my 2500's are actually of use anymore. So far i've been dabbling with GNS3, but finding it very frustrating at times because it will break easily.

I'm having the same problems. I went with GNS3 because it was easy for a noob like me to get up and running quickly, but if I ever get any free time, I think I'm going to dive into dynagen. Hopefully that will be more stable.
    gorebrush and dynamik

you are going to love your skeletek !!

man it was long time ago, but UK has awesome beers dude
    I drank a lot of whatyou caall Cider , here in USA we call apple juice cider
    but you cider is better in those huge glasses I mean big ones.
    I wish I remeber the names but I didnt find a beer in UK at all that
    I didnt like; it was freaking real likeprocessed locally which I loved.

UK beer rocks!

and about GNS3 and dynagen, man me personally I do not have time to fiddle faddle
    with programs. I have BOSON the older vers ion with the 3550 switches it runs okay but
    very buggy which I hate. I love real equipment and that is why I went with my home
    lab. and I face the same isue with my 2520s i run. I do have one 831 soho and
    and 1760 router but my 1760 was 300.00 usd (ouch for me) and I run 3 2950 cat switches
    but the problem I am running withthe GNS3 is locking up even after I set the IDLE time
    for the ios images still ran like crap. I did some research and a gut feeling about
    GNS3 i am going to just buld my own GNS3 server. I was looking anthis guy
    off a webiste i forgot the name of was running get this DUAL quadcores CPU and 8GB for ram
    i think was running at 1024 MHZ or faster running some SATA drives and he coudl
    run 10 7200 routers with no issues. holy crap is that a beast of a machine.
    man we do not have servers that big/fast..so i am looking around and going to invest into
    some hardware.

Hey let me ask you guys question. Say in 2 years I begin to stuyd for CCIE and
    i want to use GNS3 is Cisco locking up their IOS images with license and key crap
    like Microsoft does. I mean I have gottne my IOS images free from friends but
    to study only not to sell. So is Cisco goingto lock us guys out from training on real IOSs and
    make us pay big bucks for the IOS images to practice with?????
    icon_cry.gif
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good luck on your ccnp travels robert! what happened to your ccvp studies??? (sorry if ive missed why ive been away on business).

btw, if you like beer etc try the lager/beer from the rest of europe too. German white beer is a favourite of mine at the moment! kicks arse! There's some wicked beers from throughout europe. Once you get started though you get addicted drunken_smilie.gif
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
    nel

hahaahha haahah funny you mention beer man! Yeah I love the lager beers like one and you
    are hammeredtakes greeat too; I have always like trying different beers and to be honest
    eventhough i am an American, i love European beer better like they know what they are doing
    american beer taste like piss ahhaah like i have drank piss oh maybe i have ahah
    Beer is good. I plan on making a trip in a year to Ukraine so I will try some ;yeah!

well nel my ccvp studies are still there. I am dabbling in a lot right like usual burning stick at both ends..

but I am trying to host my own blog on my home server; i am almos there but having issues when I installed it my wordpress it has taken the Net bios name ofmy server so all my links
    that reference pages are reference the local server path and not the pathe of my public FQDN
    so when you bring up ccnp.itdady.net you get just the main page with all else referenced to my local path. I have to go into the CSS and editthe path of each sheet to reference my public
    FQDN so it is web casted out. I am really excited to get a new look..

but I am mainly working ccnp since I fee I need do that first but at the same time
    i am dabbling in ccvp kind of stupid i suppse but triying to mix it up.

I had a job offer with the County where i livebut they do like a month long background check on
    me so I have to wait for my background check to clear an don my new job I will be
    using the MGCP protocol is it for voip ; this guy at my new job ( hope) has a really nice
    VOIP setup text book like and I will be doing CCNA/CCNP and CCVP leve l work
    so that is why i am getting ready to dabble in a lot of skillsets but focus is mainly on the NP
    so i can get that soid background and my new blog coming soon will be based of CCNP
    and going to work hard on my grammer and style so it looks nice. my last blog was too quick
    but just learning and now want to be a big dog better start acting like it
    thanks

we need abeer emoticon i cant find one
  • Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    best of luck robert!! Look forward to reading it. I also started a long-term CCIE blog recently with wordpress. I'm waiting to "release" the address, until I can make a few posts. Hopefully, it'll chronicle the journey from/through CCNP directly into the CCIE, and inspire some people. I'm also doing it for the same reason...to teach, and ultimately learn more in the process.

Look forward to reading yours!
    German Wheat Beer = YUM YUM

Hoegaarden, Duvel, Leffe are amongst my all time favourites.

Cider's in the UK = Strongbow, Woodpecker, or "Scrumpy" - most excellent.

Not sure what Cisco are going to do with their IOS'es...

My eventual aim is a CCIE... I'm considering just getting all the gear now (investing over time).

Looking at the blueprints, 3725 and 3825 routers are the order of the day, though I see a lot of CCIE labs that sell 2600's in place... they'll probably be fine.

From my understanding of the different router models, the 2600 and say, the 2800 are principally the same thing at the end of the day (both routers) - max mem, CPU power, and module capabilities and individual IOS levels might be different?

Though let's say we had a 2600 running 12.4 and a 2800 running 12.4 - they wouldn't be too dissimilar, no?
  • JavonRJavonR Member Posts: 245
    lot's of MCMCSE people around here :D
  • APAAPA Member Posts: 959
    You guys need to tryin Hoegaarden Forbidden Fruits!!!!!!! :)

CCNA | CCNA:Security | CCNP | CCIP
    JNCIA:JUNOS | JNCIA:EX | JNCIS:ENT | JNCIS:SEC
    JNCIS:SP | JNCIP:SP
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Sounds like you're rocketing right into CCNP, itdaddy. I'm pretty sure that, at this pace, you'll beat me to the punch. Of course, I'm taking the scenic route. icon_lol.gif

Good luck with the CCNP studies, I'll have to check out the blog to see how you're progressing.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
    Mrock4

wow great idea..yeah I do it for myself so I am disciplined and then I have notes to refer
    to when I am in the field..send me your link when you are done so i can post it on my blog roll.
    it is fun hard work but fun..i am finally getting some where. I finally got my blog going
    and served from my home. I had issues with some pages not referrenced due to wrong URL
    on installation but I fixed it have a few more bugs and edits to make. It is really just a shell.
    I have to fix the font and have tofix my widgets and load some plugins but I think it will be ready in two weeks to start blogging and I am going to put some ads on it cause i get some kickbacks fro putting some ads. on the public wordpress.com i could do that so i went to the wordpress.org and decided to go that route.i am kind of pumped....thanks ;0 look forward to reading yours..I will try to bring my blog role over from my ccna site it has some great ones.
    like routemyworld.com and packetlife.net etc...
    Hey slowhand

yeah, I finally got my GNS3 going thanks to you guys helping me out with my IDLE PC values
    man once I got them under control love GNS3 I have a duocore amd 64 and running 2GB ram
    may consider 4GB soon but i can run 4 2621s and or 4 7200 routers fine at like 4 percent
    even with them booted up and all I would never believe the day I could do that I guess knowledge is power. But yeah I was going to pay some bucks like 500.00 to get abiger system
    but my high power laptop with the IDLEPC values adjusted works great no more high CPU
    but yeah I am just gettngready I have to finish my home lab make it nice no more messy crap
    and label all my cables and such and get me a cool base topology going and when I deviate it
    wont be so extreme but Like i have an extra cat 5 from my PC that i call the sniffer so i can sniff packets with wireshark without blocking my internet access at same time i am trying to think
    thru my lab this time and shouldbe done in 2 more weeks along with many small things on my blog. My blog needs work; just a shell that I finally got public..jst go to http://ccnp.itdaddy.net
    and it takes you to my shell. i have to fix the fonts style and size and some bugs in it
    and then add some cool widgets and couunters and som adds and then I can go live.
    I have some cool ideas from friends blogs like About/HomeLab/StudyPlan pages or tabs
    Trying to make it really helpful to others while helpful tome> that way when I take notes
    i better make right so i dont get dogged for screwing up since people really enjoy correcting me which i like very much helps me get my crap together. so tis good to blog man! Good luck with yours anything you guys need just ask me email me or pm me and i will do my best to help you;)cheers mates!

Yeah, I am pushing hard right now just finishing up my home lab having to get my topology down so I am not moving to much around all the time. I am trying to make it some what static
    and less messy and have strategic moves vs move this oops move that oops kind of crap plus
    I have decided to make my own short crossover cables no more large coiled up crap. I am going to work extra hard on my lab so it looks awesome and label everything and then work my
    GNS3 labs and make some nice visio toplogy to post proudly on my new Transformers ccnp blog. I decied to host it myself to cut costs and to just have the hands on experience doingit.
    I like to do stuff myself cause it helps me in my work place plus it is fun to bang my head against wall, but I fight time cuase I am tooo busy. But When I am finished tidying up my home lab, blog I will have a cool tool my blog to chronicle my CCNP journey hope to enspire others while help myself; and have fun along the way it is very important for me to talk about beer haah and fun stuff along the way..

Gorebrush

Yeah it was Scrumpy I had in England that was the name as soon as you said it
    my mind goes yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!! when I find some pics will post on my blog of this lady
    dumping a picture of beer on me what a waste or great UK beer! I was pissed haah

JavoR yeah you are right I am a part of MCMSCE site havent been there in so long
    techexams is rocking with good folk...

A.P.A you know I have had some of that Hoe Forbidden Fruit stuff once i think it is good man!
    yes that there hoe is a dirty addiction... icon_lol.gif

Good work on the blog by the way..... I've just started one up as well... I know it's towards the end of CCNP but I'm hoping to turn it into a valuable tool for both myself and my fellow networkers as I push forward with my CCIE journey.....also blog about other certs along the way.......

Link is below in my sig.... very basic setup and only two posts.... I'm revising for ONT at the moment and trying to tie up loose ends before my last day at work...... so not much spare time

icon_sad.gif

Back to your blog now :) I'm new to wordpress..... any tips for newbies :)

Ha! You had Scrumpy!

It's lovely stuff, but by damn, it's lethal too :D

In my younger days I remember I was on a night out with the Male Voice Choir I used to sing in (This was like 12 years ago now icon_neutral.gif), had 2 pints of their "homemade cider" - they had a massive, and I MEAN MASSIVE keg of the stuff around the corner from the bar.

So tasty, but ooooooooh dear I was soooo drunk :D
    A.P.A

wow nice ass blog man! looks great

Gorebrush

ahaa yeah as soon as you said Scrumpy i laughed my ass off it has been dont tell
    15 years since I was there hhh and yeah it was good 2 pints and I was under wow
    it was good very refreshing while you get hammered and i really liked the Brit girls
    with their cute ass accents ahah ;oh I love traveling outside USA
    so many cool people :)
    And I'd love to come back to the US, went there for a visit like 12 years ago icon_sad.gif

Wish I was still there, I loved it.

The girls all loved my Welsh accent too, lol :D

Awesome-o
    dudes my blog is up and running. I finally got it right. It was mear DNS issues and setting up my hostnames/cnames etc...correct but I was pulling my hair out. The only two things left to do is change the freaking font to like 12 points and to a differnt font type got to find the CSS for that and find where I can configure the correct url to my email server and allow my webserver to relay smtp style through my home exchange server.

and I do not plan to keep updating my wordpress. if ant broke dont fix iti.

I need to start hammering BSCI now..I wanted to get my blog up and then get my lab up and now i am ready to rock my lab will be done this weekend and plan to start got my GNS3 confiured bette with IDLE PC values i am ready to rock;)
    thanks for all your help

Gorebrush..I was allways jealous of you guys with accent USA chick digs accents icon_cry.gif
    hhhaha
    cool yeah i think all of us like something different than what we have that is why
    i think it is cool to have friends all over the world and have us be peaceful and buds
    i was in USAF 10 years and well met and made many friends overseas and well
    you just start to reealize we are all the same; i am glad i met you man! and all my buds on ths forum you dudes are cool ;) cheeers!

Yeah i have met some welsh chicks and man were they hot tomee too haah;)
    yeah it is funny when yuo mix the world up awesome ! o!
    Dude, if ever i'm in the USA, I'd love to meet up and go for a beer icon_king.gif
  • TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    itdaddy wrote:
    dudes my blog is up and running. I finally got it right. It was mear DNS issues and setting up my hostnames/cnames etc...correct but I was pulling my hair out. The only two things left to do is change the freaking font to like 12 points and to a differnt font type got to find the CSS for that and find where I can configure the correct url to my email server and allow my webserver to relay smtp style through my home exchange server.

and I do not plan to keep updating my wordpress. if ant broke dont fix iti.

I need to start hammering BSCI now..I wanted to get my blog up and then get my lab up and now i am ready to rock my lab will be done this weekend and plan to start got my GNS3 confiured bette with IDLE PC values i am ready to rock;)
    thanks for all your help

Gorebrush..I was allways jealous of you guys with accent USA chick digs accents icon_cry.gif
    hhhaha
    cool yeah i think all of us like something different than what we have that is why
    i think it is cool to have friends all over the world and have us be peaceful and buds
    i was in USAF 10 years and well met and made many friends overseas and well
    you just start to reealize we are all the same; i am glad i met you man! and all my buds on ths forum you dudes are cool ;) cheeers!

Yeah i have met some welsh chicks and man were they hot tomee too haah;)
    yeah it is funny when yuo mix the world up awesome ! o!

Exciting times. I look forward to your blog.
    Keep up the good work robert! dont let recent events get you down.

btw, REAL scrumpy kicks arse! blows your brains out but its great.

I also love whiskey too. Seen as i live in the "home" of whisky i mayswell make the most of it :D

The scots make the best whiskey.

gorebrush and nel

yeah I would do that...I always thought it would be cool to meat up and talk face to face drink
    some great beer; preferrable not USA beer ahahaa

I would definitly do that for sure gorebrush..I will be on this forum for many years to come.
    so hope you are and I am planning to go to Europe in the near future. I want to find me a
    Ukraine wife. I love the Ukraine chicks okay any hot not USA chick ahahah
    when my son leaves for the army next year sometime, i will have money again to spend
    ahahahaa so I want to take a trip to Europe again. And I can make plans to stop by and visit you dudes. I would like that..so I wont forget what I said. you guys are so cool

yeah I ampissed about my job...but the more I think about it is I am very secure in my present job and I have great benifits just I will have to beef up my IT work on the side and at home.
    I really think maybe this job is good for now cause I need to study and well. I will have time to
    use GNS3 at work hee hee during the day and if Iwas to go in a high end job maybe i wont have time and certs is what i need; I would really like CCNP or sure and eventually some VOIP under belt that is my direction so here goes..

Turgon

thanks about the blog

i have some style sheet editing and it can be really tricky so I am finishing up my blog so in 2 weeks I can start posting decent looking CCNP posts i want to to a profesional looking posts and i wanted to host my own blog for experience; and it was a **** to setup at times. trust me
    they say 5 min install of wordpress yeah but they didnt account for the fact of all the hidden bugs
    but wordpress is awesome it is very easy to setup at home; i did the wamp server way
    and was very easy to do but my DNS at home had to setup correctly and I had to use the right CNAMES else it just didnt work; really it was weird but got all of it working just need some work on my font styles and size they are way too small and am getting ready to start CCNP BSCI trianing this sat ready to hit it hard! I am so pumped...
    you guys rock!

beers on me man! I really want to visit UK again in the future you bloaks were cool!
    back then bloak was a good term hope it stiill is! I think bloak was a good term.
    tell me if it is bad so i dont call you that again;)) seee you soon

and thanks for the encourgement hope i can give some back some day;
    on my blog i hope to post alot of cool stuff so if you guys every need anything just email
    at Robert@itdaddy.net I have some cool stuff ;)
    I have an STFP server I built and I can give access to you if you need anything to help you out.
    cheers mates!

nel and gorebrush
    yeah that srumpy was good good enough me to remeber drinking and laughing hard and having good time at pub! ;yeah! good times man good times;
    itdaddy wrote:
    gorebrush and nel

yeah I would do that...I always thought it would be cool to meat up and talk face to face drink
    some great beer; preferrable not USA beer ahahaa

I would definitly do that for sure gorebrush..I will be on this forum for many years to come.
    so hope you are and I am planning to go to Europe in the near future. I want to find me a
    Ukraine wife. I love the Ukraine chicks okay any hot not USA chick ahahah
    when my son leaves for the army next year sometime, i will have money again to spend
    ahahahaa so I want to take a trip to Europe again. And I can make plans to stop by and visit you dudes. I would like that..so I wont forget what I said. you guys are so cool

yeah I ampissed about my job...but the more I think about it is I am very secure in my present job and I have great benifits just I will have to beef up my IT work on the side and at home.
    I really think maybe this job is good for now cause I need to study and well. I will have time to
    use GNS3 at work hee hee during the day and if Iwas to go in a high end job maybe i wont have time and certs is what i need; I would really like CCNP or sure and eventually some VOIP under belt that is my direction so here goes..

Turgon

thanks about the blog

i have some style sheet editing and it can be really tricky so I am finishing up my blog so in 2 weeks I can start posting decent looking CCNP posts i want to to a profesional looking posts and i wanted to host my own blog for experience; and it was a love to setup at times. trust me
    they say 5 min install of wordpress yeah but they didnt account for the fact of all the hidden bugs
    but wordpress is awesome it is very easy to setup at home; i did the wamp server way
    and was very easy to do but my DNS at home had to setup correctly and I had to use the right CNAMES else it just didnt work; really it was weird but got all of it working just need some work on my font styles and size they are way too small and am getting ready to start CCNP BSCI trianing this sat ready to hit it hard! I am so pumped...
    you guys rock!

beers on me man! I really want to visit UK again in the future you bloaks were cool!
    back then bloak was a good term hope it stiill is! I think bloak was a good term.
    tell me if it is bad so i dont call you that again;)) seee you soon

and thanks for the encourgement hope i can give some back some day;
    on my blog i hope to post alot of cool stuff so if you guys every need anything just email
    at Robert@itdaddy.net I have some cool stuff ;)
    I have an STFP server I built and I can give access to you if you need anything to help you out.
    cheers mates!

nel and gorebrush
    yeah that srumpy was good good enough me to remeber drinking and laughing hard and having good time at pub! ;yeah! good times man good times;

You're welcome. The term is 'bloke' and still used everyday. I'm glad you had such a good time over here. Great beer and good pubs await you, and anyone else coming over.
    Yeah bloke is commonly used. I always say "mate" at the end of most things i say haha

this may be my aussie ignorance..... but I thought 'bloke' was an aussie term???

:p

Stop stealing our terms MAAAAATE!!!!! icon_lol.gif

Turgon

coool man; i mean it was fun drinking in UK; people there were very cool and well
    i lovedit; i am planning a future trip overseas for me for suredue

Robert;)

ps.who is that chick next to that cisco router avator dude if i say so myself she is freaking HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)
    lucky dog! ;)))
    nel and APA

yeah I like Mate better I never felt good about saying bloke for some reason but was told it was no big offense; just I think mate is cool like Down under Crodidille Dundi
    one of my favorite movies kind of corny but i thought he was cool

I wish this forum had the beer emoticons that would be more fitting wth out personallities

;)
    itdaddy wrote:
    Turgon

coool man; i mean it was fun drinking in UK; people there were very cool and well
    i lovedit; i am planning a future trip overseas for me for suredue

Robert;)

ps.who is that chick next to that cisco router avator dude if i say so myself she is freaking HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)
    lucky dog! ;)))

The girl is 'routergirl'. It was on the routergod site some years ago I believe. The picture became an iconic look from the nineties in the exciting dotcom era when many installations were put together in a hurry and the Catalyst 5000 ruled. Back when I started. Heady days :)
  • aragoen_celtdraaragoen_celtdra Member Posts: 246
    itdaddy wrote:
    http://CCNP.ITDADDY.NET

Hey CCNA/CCNP wannabees! I am starting up my new CCNP blog. I will leave my old
    CCNA blog up (I like that old! hahha) and running.

I love my new look and I plan on 1. writing much better 2. spelling much better 3. displaying my labs in a better more professional fashion.

Want to thank that famous routemyworld.com Cisco Rocket of a network engineer Big G!
    for doing a fantastic job on his writing style.

-Robert(IT Daddy) icon_lol.gif
    Sorry for the late response dude! And thanks for the nice shout out (of sorts). I feel humbled!

Anyway, you had a few questions for me regarding my blog. I guess I'll just answer you here. You were asking me about what blogging software/app I'm using for my blog. Yes, I do use Wordpress. And contrary to what you perceive, I actually am not very good with this html stuff. I believe the font I used are either Tahoma or Verdana. I can't remember now. And I set the font size at 1.5em - which, I think, is approximately the same as 11 pt character. But I'm not exactly sure of that so don't quote me. I think I read somewhere that when using "em" for font size, the actual size depends on the parent font that is defined in the CSS. Something like that.

To create my topologies, I mainly use Network Notepad. And whom did I learn about this nifty program from? Well, YOU, silly. :D You told me about it sometime last year. Every now and then though, I would use MS Visio.

And as far as the command line snippets, they are simply screen shots from the actual lab that I create. I run the commands and get the output, then the trusty alt-PrtScr does the rest.

Looking forward to the finish product. This is, I believe, your 3rd blog? But, eh, who's countin? ;)
    CCIE Wr: In Progress...
    Hours CCIE Wr Prep: 309:03:52
    Follow my study progress at Route My World!
    My CCIE Thread