Options

Which sport you like/hate and why?

binarysoulbinarysoul Member Posts: 993
I like soccor. Why? Because it's the mother of sports and damn simple. Also like hockey as it's a game of 'energy'.

hate cricket. Why? Because it's long, boring and complicated .

Comments

• Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I enjoy most sports at elite level. However, some GAMES are not sports and should not be confused as such icon_wink.gif

Now Motocross is a great sport, but Supercross is just a cirus show for the uninitiated.
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • Options
    m.j.boylinm.j.boylin Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    dont like football

just dont like it for some reason... not interested.
  • Options
    APAAPA Member Posts: 959
    How can I express this... oh yeah

Love - Womens beach volleyball (I mean their techinque and grace is amazing on the court..... icon_lol.gif )

Hate - Mens beach volleyball (Bunch of hacks...... icon_rolleyes.gif )

CCNA | CCNA:Security | CCNP | CCIP
    JNCIA:JUNOS | JNCIA:EX | JNCIS:ENT | JNCIS:SEC
    JNCIS:SP | JNCIP:SP
  • Options
    Lee HLee H Member Posts: 1,135
    dont like football

just dont like it for some reason... not interested.

It helps if your team are in the premiership league, pmsl!!!

only kiddin mjboylin, no harm in footie banter
  • Options
    ConstantlyLearningConstantlyLearning Member Posts: 445
    favourite sport to watch is rugby union.
    "There are 3 types of people in this world, those who can count and those who can't"
  • Options
    MonkeyBoltMonkeyBolt Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm a Biggggggg Football fan.. Come on you villa boys!!! AVFC
    Aston Villa FC
    Pride Of The Midlands

"Because you can read this thank a teacher, because it's in English thank a soldier"
  • Options
    vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Big fan of baseball & football. :D
  • Options
    MonkeyBolt wrote:
    I'm a Biggggggg Football fan.. Come on you villa boys!!! AVFC

football is a group of hot sweaty men kicking a ball around a field, i dont see why men like football, should be girls that like football. Dont like football thats m.o
  • Options
    MonkeyBoltMonkeyBolt Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Boylin has clearly never played sport before
    Aston Villa FC
    Pride Of The Midlands

"Because you can read this thank a teacher, because it's in English thank a soldier"
  • Options
    vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
    MonkeyBolt wrote:
    Boylin has clearly never played sport before

icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    played tennis, like swimming, like play cricket like every week with my m8s.
  • Options
    HeroPsychoHeroPsycho Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,940
    Like football and basketball because I played those in high school. Just can appreciate the games.

I can't stand hockey because I don't know wtfbbq is going on, and baseball is like watching paint dry.

I don't have time to get into any other sports.
    Good luck to all!
  • Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I pretty much enjoy ALL sports. I pretty much enjoy playing ALL sports.

The Main ones:
    1. Baseball
    2. Basketball
    3. Hockey
    4. American Football
    5. Football

I am also a fan of motorsports, particularly Moto GP.

I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE NASCAR. I cant get into it; i tried, I really did. Also, I like to play golf, but hate to watch it. All other sports I love to watch and play. Anything that involves athleticism I usually enjoy watching. (no, that was NOT an open invite to flame a particular sport :D )
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Options
    phantasmphantasm Member Posts: 995
    I enjoy playing hockey and football. Baseball isn't bad.

As far as watching sports, I can watch hockey and football, baseball gets old quickly.
    "No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man." -Heraclitus
  • Options
    skeet2331skeet2331 Member Posts: 87 ■■□□□□□□□□
    1. American Football
    2. Baseball

Dislike
    1. Football (Soccer)
    2. Golf
    Both are boring to watch.
  • Options
    JJArmsJJArms Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    binarysoul wrote:
    I like soccor. Why? Because it's the mother of sports and damn simple. Also like hockey as it's a game of 'energy'.

hate cricket. Why? Because it's long, boring and complicated .

I tend to like baseball -- it is the only sport where the ball is controlled by the defensive team. I am a die hard Yankees fan and a minor league ducks fan (liducks.com).

My second favorite is American football -- I loved playing in the fall when I was growing up. Oh and if you don't tell everyone my favorite team is the NY Jets.

I have no interest in Golf, Basketball or Nascar -- my wife loves Nascar so I feign interest.

I probably would enjoy hockey much more if they would do away with the fighting.

Regards,

JJArms~
  • Options
    amp2030amp2030 Member Posts: 253
    Curling!!

No, not really... icon_cool.gif
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,039 Admin
    I love basketball when the L.A. Lakers are winning and hate basketball when the Lakers are loosing.

Right now, I love basketball. :D
  • Options
    Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    American Football all the way.

Dislike? I can enjoy most sports for a while, but I get bored of baseball pretty quick. Especially when it's a team I'm not into.
    -Daniel
  • Options
    coffeekingcoffeeking Member Posts: 305 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I don't know why it took someone so long to come up with this topic....good one though.

Most people would argue that GOLF is not a sport, but I think if you actively play then it does become a sport. LOVE GOLF THE MOST.

Used to play a lot of cricket, but like someone has mentioned, it is long and gets boring, not that interesting anymore.
  • Options
    BradleyHUBradleyHU Member Posts: 918 ■■■■□□□□□□
    like: basketball(knicks fan for life), football(GIANTS!!!!), baseball(yankees), soccer(ManU!!!!), bowling, track(specifically the sprints)...

hate: hockey, nascar(nothing but a bunch of left turns, at least formula 1 mixes in some right turns), golf...
    Link Me
    Graduate of the REAL HU & #1 HBCU...HAMPTON UNIVERSITY!!! #shoutout to c/o 2004
    WIP: 70-410(TBD) | ITIL v3 Foundation(TBD)
  • Options
    Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    love: almost any sport..

hate: not a big fan of swimming to be honest. Michael Phelps is a freak of nature, but other then that..not so much. Also hate *watching* golf or bowling on ESPN..ugh. Playing both is OK though.
  • Options
    Darthn3ssDarthn3ss Member Posts: 1,096
    favorte sport: hockey. Its high energy, and it takes balls to play. get in a fight? you sit in a box for 2 minutes. In any other national sport in the US fighting = huge fines, suspensions, firing, etc. plus, its really fun to watch on TV or live.. (unlike baseball, which on TV is comparable to watching paint dry)

least favorite... gofl.. meh.
    Fantastic. The project manager is inspired.

In Progress: 70-640, 70-685
  • Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Football all the way!!!! Im a die hard sunderland fan...keano, keano, keano!!!

No doubt football is the world leader in sports. Anyone who thinks otherwise obviously hasnt opened there eyes! get with it !!!! ha.
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Darthn3ss wrote:
    favorte sport: hockey. Its high energy, and it takes balls to play. get in a fight? you sit in a box for 2 minutes.

actually, its a 5 minute major, but ill let it slide icon_wink.gif

PS: Additionally, if you are deemed the 'instagator', you get an extra 2 minutes in the box. 2 major penalties in a single game is an automatic ejection, possible suspension and fines. But for the most part, hockey is pretty liberal when it comes to contact :D
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Options
    PashPash Member Posts: 1,600 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Love:

Rugby Union

F1 motorsport

Football (soccer to our yanky chums across the pond)

golf (sorry i had to add this, love watching and playing!)

Hate:

cricket, sorry it's only for die hard spectators. Love playing it though.
    DevOps Engineer and Security Champion. https://blog.pash.by - I am trying to find my writing style, so please bear with me.
  • Options
    motherwolfmotherwolf Member Posts: 117
    Like: Soccer, football,

Dislike: Golf(it's not a sport people, it's a hobby), NASCAR(again, not a sport but a red-neck hobby), Curling(WTF?)
  • Options
    Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Pash wrote:
    Football (soccer to our yanky chums across the pond)

Yea one of these days ya'll will get it right icon_lol.gif ...just kidding, I know we're all jacked up!
  • Options
    motogpmanmotogpman Member Posts: 412
    Favorites are: MotoGP, SBK, AMA, local club motorcycle racing....hence my name. Hopefully one day I can get over the the UK for the Isle of Man and Northwest 200 races as well. Played all sports when younger: Football, baseball, wrestling, soccer, city swim team, track/field, so I can pretty much watch anything, even golf ( for at least 2-3 beers, then it gets sketchy).

Dislike: NASCAR..... F1 or Rally are great to watch, but NASCAR is a joke IMO.
    -WIP- (70-294 and 297)

Once MCSE 2k3 completed:

WGU: BS in IT, Design/Management

Finish MCITP:EA, CCNA, PMP by end of 2012

After that, take a much needed vacation!!!!!
  • Options
    Darthn3ssDarthn3ss Member Posts: 1,096
    snadam wrote:
    Darthn3ss wrote:
    favorte sport: hockey. Its high energy, and it takes balls to play. get in a fight? you sit in a box for 2 minutes.

actually, its a 5 minute major, but ill let it slide icon_wink.gif

PS: Additionally, if you are deemed the 'instagator', you get an extra 2 minutes in the box. 2 major penalties in a single game is an automatic ejection, possible suspension and fines. But for the most part, hockey is pretty liberal when it comes to contact :D
    yeah i may not have been 100% factually correct but i got the basics.. either way, throw down in football or basketball.
    Fantastic. The project manager is inspired.

In Progress: 70-640, 70-685