Options

Left 4 Dead Demo has world wide release today

kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
Everyone make sure to check out Left 4 Dead demo for both PC and Xbox 360. It is free and it is the best PC game I have ever played to date. Check it for yourself you wont regret it.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/530/

Have fun guys.

Comments

• Options
    AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Gah. This, Fallout 3, Red Alert 3, Deadspace....and all right before my lab....no respect for my lack of willpower!
    Must be strong
    okay so i downloaded the demo...everyone needs a break
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
  • Options
    gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I know, this year has been rubbish for games, and now all of a sudden..........
  • Options
    AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Had one run through the single player mode and I'm not that impressed to be honest. It's not bad, just doesn't grip me. It seems a lot of quiet...quiet....mad rush...quiet...quiet.... moments thrown together. I know online with some friends would likely be a different story but I don't feel quite as bad putting this one off now.
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
  • Options
    gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Agreed.

It was OK, but nothing to shout home about... Going to still keep my cheap pre-order though and try it online.

Play.com are doing it for £23 in the UK for pre-orders, so I think it'll be worth a look :)
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    If you want an awesome Steam game to use for short breaks, check out World of Goo. It's a little puzzle game, and it's a blast.
  • Options
    TalicTalic Member Posts: 423
    L4D is one of the worst stability in games I've seen in a long time. So far I've had it lock up on me 4 times. Once in singleplayer and the other three online. I don't know if it's just that Valve forgot to test on Vista 64 machines or not but thats sad.

All the HL2 games worked fine on my machine, just seems like the demo was rushed.

As for my take on gameplay, I think it can be pretty heated but I don't think the boss zombies add the extra depth they're supposed to. The zombie rushes are fun and all but I don't see much special about the boss zombies. The AI team mates are fine, they're kinda useless except when it comes to rushes and watching your back. The online team mates are another story, too much friendly fire if you ask me.
  • Options
    TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    No time to play games. Still..all of you enjoy!