Options

Citrix Client Help.

TechJunkyTechJunky Member Posts: 881
I forget the registry key to change to allow a user access to their local C: drive again using citrix client.

Users need to be able to save files to their C: drive. I have it mapped as c$ to H: on the clients end. The client is always asked if they want to allow access to their drive. This particular user said no, never ask again. Now they of course can not save files to their C: drive now.

Any ideas, besides rebuilding the profile. I know there is a reg key, I just forget which one.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX568194

Change C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\ICAClient\webica.ini so it reads:

[Access]
    GlobalSecurityAccess=405
  • Options
    Thanks. I tried that and I am waiting for the client to reboot.

However, they did not have that ini file. I had to create one manually. Hopefully it does the trick.

Nope, didn't work.
  • Options
    TechJunky wrote:
    Thanks. I tried that and I am waiting for the client to reboot.

However, they did not have that ini file. I had to create one manually. Hopefully it does the trick.

Nope, didn't work.
    Search the computer for it, it's there somewhere.
  • Options
    \Windows Directory.
  • Options
    KasorKasor Member Posts: 933 ■■■■□□□□□□
    What version and which OS?
    Kill All Suffer T "o" ReBorn
  • Options
    TechJunky wrote:
    \Windows Directory.
    And changing it there, did it fix it?
  • Options
    bencairneybencairney Member Posts: 76 ■■□□□□□□□□
    If you are using the ICA Program neighbourhood client you can try:

When the user is connected to an app, double click the ICA icon in the systray, then select file security from the menu on the right, this should give the option to set for full security. I think it requires a logoff/on from citrix afterwards. This normally gets round the problem for users who can't access local drives or network drives mapped on their pc's.