Options

Resetting admin password on printer

BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
We have a RICOH Aficio 2035e printer, and the admin password was "fat fingered" during a password reset. The backdoor password does not work (previous leasee changed it and lease co. never reset it). Does anyone know how to get to the service area so we can reset the password?

Ive been talking to Ricoh, they said it is a 5 min fix tops but must go through lease co. I called the lease co and they want to install a whole new memory board, which Ricoh says is not necessary.

If anyone can help, would be appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    There can be a few different ones

admin - blank
    admin - password
    sysadmin - blank
    sysadmin - password
    blank - password

try those and let us know
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • Options
    skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    I found a user manual for the printer here under "MultiFunction B&W" machines...just download the PDF & search through for "change password" or just plain old "password" - depending on the type of password (user management, key operator code...) you'll need different info. I'm not familiar with the machine, so I can't offer any specific help, but hopefully the instructions you need are in the pdf manual.

Oh, and theoretically the default password is aparently "password" according to the manual...not sure if that will help if anyone changed it in the interim.

Good luck!!
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • Options
    KasorKasor Member Posts: 933 ■■■■□□□□□□
    First mistake that didn't do a complete inventory after receiving the leasing equipment.

Second, there shall be a cold reset for the PTR. I'm assuming you talking about the firmware manager about the PTR.

I agreed, take a look at the manual and it will tell you everything you need to know. The leasing company should not control the management access.
    Kill All Suffer T "o" ReBorn