Options

Readiness Review Suite?

aidan80aidan80 Member Posts: 147 ■■□□□□□□□□
Ok.. I've done the A+, N+ and I've used every MS OS from DOS to the early 95 right through to "vista"... I've bought the self paced training kit from MS and I've finished the book, just about most of it I've done/used or covered before. Now I'm on the practice exam using the "Readiness Review Suite" and I have to ask. What is this, is this anything like the real test if so how are you supposed to pass? Some of the questions I've got so far appear to be inside out and have no correct answer. Selecting the best answer is wrong 9 times out of 10 for me? What am I doing wrong here? Maybe I'm just tired and annoyed at this software, I got too used to the simple CompTIA stuff?

I've had a quick read through the notes on here as well so that has helped. Is there any other recommended reading on this exam? I feel the MS book has done more to confuse than to help with this test. Mike Myers stuff really was to the point and appeared to stick very well!

Thanks! :)

Comments

• Options
    neathneathneathneathneathneath Member Posts: 438
    I've used that software to prepare for the exam. It's hard work but I did a practice test a day (50 questions) for about two weeks before my second attempt and then passed.

Some say its not so good but I reckon its not far off. Seems to be the "microsoft" way of doing things.
  • Options
    aidan80aidan80 Member Posts: 147 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks. I was thinking this would be the microsoft way of doing things lol.. I've been over another exam and it's look better. Been though the notes as well and will cover a few area's of the book too. Looks like it'll just take a bit more going over the rough area's to polish it up for the test.. I mean I took the thing tonight and it told me I don't know how to set a DVD to autoplay?.. I really hate the "do things in this order" questions.

Think I'll do what you did, a test per day while I'm poking though that I'll be hunting out any and all free resources on the net to help along.