Passed My A plus

TonyDuffyTonyDuffy Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
Well i passed it 6 months ago , i've only just turned 18 and i HATE my job , i work as an i.t junior/trainee but i am much better than that , i could easily to the job the " Technician's " do , and i am a certified technician and also studying for a cisco qualification in CCNA.

I just want to know , people speaking from experience who have A+ , what should i do.?

Would any company employ me as a full technician? Is there a roll between junior and technician?

Any help would be useful!

Tony x
Keep Studying.

Comments

• nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi tony,

No offence but dont expect much at all from your A+ in the UK. Comptia qualifications arent widely recognised in the UK.

Continue on the track your on (ccna etc) then i would look at some MS certs. Next step up for you would probably be desktop support / helpdesk work. Not the most exciting stuff but you'll learn a lot.

Ive seen a few of your posts and remember - these things take time. gradually work your way up the system. At 18 no one is going to give you the job you want - that comes with experiance etc.
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • TravR1TravR1 Member Posts: 332
    I agree - you will not see too many system administrators at age 18. The company I work for now, would not even interview you. They have an unspoken rule about hiring younger people. they just don't want to do it, and they don't need to. I've only been taken seriously as a working professional for the last few years, and I'm 25.

Just keep doing what you are doing, as said above. You are 18 and already working hard and racking up certs, so you are ahead of the game. You'll do just fine, I think.
    Austin Community College, certificate of completion: C++ Programming.
    Sophomore - Computer Science, Mathematics
  • supertechCETmasupertechCETma Member Posts: 377
    Spend a little time getting some OJT and experience. Use this time to expand your certs and position yourself for the next move. You should have a plan. icon_cool.gif
    Electronic Technicians Association-International www.eta-i.org
    The Fiber Optic Association www.thefoa.org
    Home Acoustics Alliance® http://www.homeacoustics.net/
    Imaging Science Foundation http://www.imagingscience.com/
  • MikeO5422MikeO5422 Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    as they are all saying, you are 18 and you already have a job and a cert. Wow you are off to an amazing start. Keep studying for more exams and keep getting on the job experience. You will absolutely walk into any position you want if you keep this up.