Options

restarting my computer

i have xp sp2 its restarting only after I connect to internet i left it turn on whole the day nothing happened only when i connect to internet what should i do

Comments

• Options
    Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    The English is a little rough there and some details are missing.

First off, how are you connecting to the the Internet?
    -Daniel
  • Options
    mcse_696mcse_696 Member Posts: 151
  • Options
    kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Sounds like a possible hardware issue or a possible virus. If you can take it to a friends house that has high speed internet and connect there and see if it restarts. If it does then most likely a virus if not then its probably the modem.
  • Options
    ironlungironlung Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Sounds like a trojan.
    Sometimes you just gotta bite the bullet.
  • Options
    HeroPsychoHeroPsycho Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,940
    Sometimes this is caused by an IRQ like conflict or a bad device driver. Try updating the modem drivers, or move the modem to a different slot.

Also, it could be a tumor...
    Good luck to all!
  • Options
    aordalaordal Member Posts: 372
    HeroPsycho wrote:
    Sometimes this is caused by an IRQ like conflict or a bad device driver. Try updating the modem drivers, or move the modem to a different slot.

Dollars to donuts its an IRQ conflict. If it's a plug and play modem uninstall it and reboot it should auto reinstall and select a new IRQ.
  • Options
    shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    aordal wrote:
    HeroPsycho wrote:

Dollars to donuts its an IRQ conflict. If it's a plug and play modem uninstall it and reboot it should auto reinstall and select a new IRQ.

Yea it definitely sounds like an IRQ issue to me, try re-installing the device with the latest driver.
  • Options
    skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    shednik wrote:
    aordal wrote:
    HeroPsycho wrote:

Yea it definitely sounds like an IRQ issue to me, try re-installing the device with the latest driver.
    I have to agree. Not about the tumor, about the IRQ conflict. Folks who are newer to computers sometimes forget that IRQ issues even exist (ahhhh, plug & play, how thee hath spoiled us).
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • Options
    I thought someone would surely respond, "It's nawt a too-moh!"
    Good luck to all!
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    "It's nawt a too-moh!"

arnold7wh.jpg
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    Love the pic. Nicely done! icon_lol.gif

Wonder if he had the same look when he saw the California budgetary crisis...
    Good luck to all!