Options

Damn, it feels good to be a gangster.

Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
Hah..don't ask about the title..I'm just happy about the results of running the entire IEWB topology on dynamips..I had questions whether or not my system would handle it well....

mike_IEWB_dynamips.gif

Go Dynamips!!! I captured it at slightly the wrong moment..it was bouncing between 55% and 45%...not too shabby.

I should also mention I have windows media player (as usual) playing music while I lab, along with about 4 Firefox tabs open on various sites. Not sure those make a huge difference but I'm sure it could be lower.

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Dude, you need to get something like WinTabber or PuttyCM:
    http://www.wintabber.com/
    http://puttycm.free.fr/

You're going to need to do everything you can to keep your sanity during your IE studies.

What are the specs on that system?
  • Options
    I don't keep all of those windows open..I usually have 6 open at a time..I prefer to be able to look at the configs at once..

Not to mention, I have 2 22" monitors...plenty of space :)

But yeah..I just wanted to show all of the open processes, that's all.

I've got a Core 2 2.4ghz w/ 4gb (3.25 usable..) RAM. It's a pretty stout system. Not the fastest, but it definitely gets the job done. Running Win XP. I've got an old laptop with Ubuntu on it..just haven't been able to make the move on my desktop, since I have a lot of software that isn't too find of linux (or Wine, for that matter).
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Mrock4 wrote:
    I've got a Core 2 2.4ghz w/ 4gb (3.25 usable..) RAM. It's a pretty stout system. Not the fastest, but it definitely gets the job done. Running Win XP. I've got an old laptop with Ubuntu on it..just haven't been able to make the move on my desktop, since I have a lot of software that isn't too find of linux (or Wine, for that matter).

I'm actually making a move to Mint (also Debian-based) for my primary OS. I have an old XP license that I'm going to use for a VM for anything I can't get running with WINE. I'll be dual-booting Vista for games and a handful of other things I'd need to run in Windows natively. My Linux knowledge is getting rusty, and I want to get back into it.
  • Options
    dynamik wrote:
    I'm actually making a move to Mint (also Debian-based) for my primary OS. I have an old XP license that I'm going to use for a VM for anything I can't get running with WINE. I'll be dual-booting Vista for games and a handful of other things I'd need to run in Windows natively. My Linux knowledge is getting rusty, and I want to get back into it.

My linux knowledge is pretty minimal as it is, but I've been running Ubuntu on my POS laptop since I came back from Iraq. The heat wasn't gentle to the laptop monitor, and I ran out of XP keys, so I gave ubuntu a shot and have used it since. I need to setup this thing to dual boot, but A) I'm lazy and B) Although this desktop has been extremely reliable..when I mess with sh*t, it always seems to not like the changes. I really should consider dual-booting to squeeze some extra performance out of Dynamips. I'm just glad to know that in the meantime when I don't have access to my rack rentals, I have something else I can play with and break stuff.
  • Options
    mamonomamono Member Posts: 776 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Very nice, good to know. I have similar specs on my laptop that I use as my primary system and have been planning on using Dynamips soon. I also have a Powerbook G3 Pizmo that I will be loading Debian on soon. Getting pretty excited to be able to lab for CCNP once I get around to it. :)
  • Options
    TalicTalic Member Posts: 423
    I have Ubuntu on my T61 and it runs great, I actually prefer it over Windows whenever I use it.
  • Options
    gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    My beast of a rig should eat up 14 Routers then...

Core 2 Quad 2.4GHz @ 3.46GHz
    8GB PC8500
    DFI X48 Motherboard
    Vista x64 SP1