Options

Little happy dance

KaminskyKaminsky Member Posts: 1,235
2 * 3725 + aim nm-1a-3e
3 * 3550 48
1 * 3550 24
2 * 2950 24

All rescued from the skip [seriously.. no joke] by yours trully... ya gotta love muppet managers ! Out with the old .... In with the new .... HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

little happy dance

.... icon_study.gif
Kam.

Comments

• Options
    cisco_troopercisco_trooper Member Posts: 1,441 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Options
    malcyboodmalcybood Member Posts: 900 ■■■□□□□□□□
    whoah nice one!

what will these form a lab for then?
  • Options
    Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Outstanding..I'm highly jealous.
  • Options
    mamonomamono Member Posts: 776 ■■□□□□□□□□
    wow, same here. I'm damn jealous! icon_eek.gif good job! Awesome lab potential!!!
  • Options
    freddy77777freddy77777 Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Maybe you should try a career as a bin man.

Duties include: Scavenging through commercial rubbish bins and skips .I know Scavenging through commercial rubbish bins isn't as glamorous as being an internet troll but don't worry you could always get an education
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Nice score! Wish I could come across a find like that.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Kam, Send me some up in the post man! i'll even give you the postage ;)
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    mattrgeemattrgee Member Posts: 201
  • Options
    gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I am most impressed by your haul.

Well done.

(you b*stard :D)
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    That equipment is worth a BIG Happy Dance icon_cool.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    Apparantly there is an issue with the mrs and all these blue electric boxes suddenly appearing on top the sideboard.

I tried the "but honey ...!"

Sheesh ! we never get a break !

I tried the "the AIMs alone sell for 5k each" then she glazed and I knew I was lost ! Polished MDF is more important !

Right ! Heels digging in ... don't fail me now !
    don't worry about the mother in law being freshly de-hooved and warts filed right the way down....

be strong... be strong !

/sigh
    Kam.
  • Options
    I'm here for you Kaminsky..I'll settle the dispute. You can ship the 3550's to me whenever so your wife won't hassle you :D
  • Options
    Mrock4 wrote:
    I'm here for you Kaminsky..I'll settle the dispute. You can ship the 3550's to me whenever so your wife won't hassle you :D

I'll take the rest of the find off your hands. I know how it is with the wife on your back so I wouldn't want you to have to suffer through that icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I can take care of them for you.

My Mrs (although she doesn't live with me) says that she loves my habit for odd boxes that appear ;)
  • Options
    Mrock4 wrote:

I'll take the rest of the find off your hands. I know how it is with the wife on your back so I wouldn't want you to have to suffer through that icon_wink.gif

See? We're just trying to help a fellow in need, right networker?
  • Options
    Mrock4 wrote:
    Mrock4 wrote:

See? We're just trying to help a fellow in need, right networker?

Yep, I'd hate to see a man suffer with the nagging a wife can put on.

(no offense to the ladies on the board)
  • Options
    NetwurkNetwurk Member Posts: 1,155 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Trash picking - that's how I filled my lab with test workstations. Having to go into the shop at 3AM to fix a server issue has some perks - the neighbors don't see you taking the computer they set out for the trash truck. Although the last time, I really should have left the AS400 on the curb - my back is killing me.

:)

My wife gives me heck about my lab all the time, so I feel for you. But she only worries about the stuff I buy, not what I get for free.

Recent upgrade to my home lab - I now have two 3550's. I was going to brag about the good deal I got, but it's hard to top FREE stuff.

I guess you have to live in the UK to find that kind of gear in the company dumpster. Where I work, we ship the gear out to our warehouse where it sits just in case we ever need it. I think we'll be throwing away our old Cisco fasthubs in 2010.

Why do the hooligans have all the luck??

• Options
    Netwurk wrote:
    Where I work, we ship the gear out to our warehouse where it sits just in case we ever need it. I think we'll be throwing away our old Cisco fasthubs in 2010.

i} If you are a clever, forward thinking lad, you will befreind the deliveries in/out guy. They are the ones who send the arsenic infected nasty electronic card infested boxes to the special disposal place [ who are normally draped in gold with all the free kit they get sent for "disposal" !

ii} Hooligan ? .. wtf Hooligan ?

I am just a man who has suddenly realised, he is very short of power cables and power sockets.....
    Kam.
  • Options
    Kaminsky wrote:
    Netwurk wrote:
    Where I work, we ship the gear out to our warehouse where it sits just in case we ever need it. I think we'll be throwing away our old Cisco fasthubs in 2010.

i} If you are a clever, forward thinking lad, you will befreind the deliveries in/out guy. They are the ones who send the arsenic infected nasty electronic card infested boxes to the special disposal place [ who are normally draped in gold with all the free kit they get sent for "disposal" !

ii} Hooligan ? .. wtf Hooligan ?

I am just a man who has suddenly realised, he is very short of power cables and power sockets.....

Sorry about the hooligan comment. I have no idea what that means to y'all overseas. To me, it just means sports fan. But I am very jealous that I can't find good free gear here in the USA.

• Options
    ConstantlyLearningConstantlyLearning Member Posts: 445
    Lucky pr*ck.

"There are 3 types of people in this world, those who can count and those who can't"
  • Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    On a side note...how the hell did you get them out of the bin without anyone seeing?..i think you planned it all along witha quick getaway vehicle ;)
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    Major HAPPY dance :D
  • Options
    shednik wrote:
    Major HAPPY dance :D

Well said!

And I will gladly pay for the overseas shipping if his wife makes him get rid of them!

:):):)