Where in Todd Lammle's CCNA (sixth) does the CCENT info end?

nevolvednevolved Member Posts: 131
Thanks.

Comments

• KingfisherKingfisher Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I would also like to know
  • ConstantlyLearningConstantlyLearning Member Posts: 445
    Lammle's book is geared towards the all-in-one CCNA exam.

You'll have to go through the book and study what matches the ICND1 blueprint.

Just looking through the Index I'd say to study:

Chap. 1
    Chap. 2
    Chap. 3
    Chap. 4
    Chap. 5
    Chap. 6
    Chap. 8
    Chap. 11
    Chap. 12
    Chap. 14

There is info from some of those chapters which you can ignore but you'd be better of learning it anyway because you'll have a better understanding.
    "There are 3 types of people in this world, those who can count and those who can't"
  • TalicTalic Member Posts: 423
    It has both ICND 1 and 2 in the book.

I also thought about where the CCENT material stops but I just decided that I needed to read the whole book for both the tests anyways.

I'm thinking about getting Odom's ICND1 book to review for CCENT since Todd's book might water down the CCENT material when reading the ICND2 part. The more detail should help with the refresh too.
  • mamonomamono Member Posts: 776 ■■□□□□□□□□
    He did both certs, though you can get away with just using the CCNA book.

CCENT: Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician Study Guide: ICND1 (Exam 640-822) (Exam 640-822 With CD) (Paperback)
    http://www.amazon.com/CCENT-Certified-Networking-Technician-640-822/dp/0470247029/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1226788420&sr=1-5

CCNA: Cisco Certified Network Associate Study Guide: Exam 640-802 (Paperback)
    http://www.amazon.com/CCNA-Certified-Network-Associate-640-802/dp/0470110082/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1226788420&sr=1-1
  • nevolvednevolved Member Posts: 131
    Thanks everyone
  • nmqtabtnmqtabt Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm currently having CCNA 6th edition book by Lammle and I agree with ConstantlyLearning, they are all in their for CCENT test. The rest of 3 chapters study for ICND2. So if you don't want to buy book CCENT you don't have to. Best of lucks...
    Don't fear to climb to a position, you will get there one day. Do your best...