Options

Passed :)

Honky007Honky007 Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi guys,

I haven't posted here much, but I just wanted to come on here and say a big THANK YOU!

This site gave me great motivation to get my 70-270 out of the way.

It's been about 6 months coming for me, studying for a couple of hours a day on weekdays after work and before work. Part time study, I guess you could say.

For me it went like this:

TestOut

CBT Nuggets

Transcender

No books were involved.

I also went through all the Technotes on this site.

TestOut is ok, although it's pretty slow and rather laborious.

CBT nuggets videos are great, they plow through the content and explain it so it's easy to understand. Will definitely be using them again and can highly recommend them.

Transcender is AWESOME!!! It really helped me to nut out the answers, they explain things really well. Once i started getting above 90% in the preset exam tests I booked in with Pro Metric. - Again, highly recommended for prep!!

Took me about 2 hours to go through the exam and check my answers for any stupid mistakes.

873 was the score.

Very happy!

On to the server exam now...

Thanks again guys, I hope to post more often.

I have so much more knowledge about XP now, it really is an amazing operating system with a lot of back end that I never knew existed!!

Have a good one! :D

P.S. For all those that are studying up for this exam, best of luck!! Get to know your RIS concepts, learn about offline files, learn about EFS, know what MSCHAPv2 does, know the difference between folder share permissions and NTFS permissions, know what your boot.ini file does, learn about printer pooling and printer priority settings, learn what Sysprep does!! Don't run it on your machine like I did, and wonder what happened to your working OS hahahaha! *Smacks forehead*

GOOD LUCK may the force be with you....

Comments

• Options
    ULWizULWiz Member Posts: 722
    Congrats on the pass you should feel extremely proud of this pass. i have seen many people fails this exam at least a few times before you pass it.

Again congrats on the pass and good luck on whatever path you choose
    CompTIA A+ Nov 25, 1997
    CompTIA Network+ March 7, 2008
    MCTS Vista 620 June 14, 2008
    MCP Server 290 Nov 15, 2008
    MCP Server 291 In Progress (Exam 12/28/09)
    Cisco CCENT In Progress
    MCP Server 291 In Progress
    C|EH In Progress