Options

Passed! finally...a few questions

CollectekCollectek Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello all....I finally passed my first cert Yesterday (14-Nov) (this was the third attempt).

Although I squeaked by with a 700 I am happy that a pass is a pass. So now I am considering studying for the 70-290 exam. Thank You everyone--this site and the forums were a great help!

icon_confused.gif: Question Time:

I have a MCP ID from my first failed attempt...however I did not get an access code--so I pressed the RESET ACCESS CODE button on the page and they emailed a temp access code. The MCP site gives me the following error: "Error: 1: One or more of your entries does not match your Customer Profile record."

I keep hearing from some people that MCSE + MCSA are going away....is this still untrue???

Thanks All! icon_cool.gif
An avid Zaurus user :)

Comments

• Options
    Honky007Honky007 Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations mate!

You're right a pass is a pass.

I haven't heard that the MCSA / MCSE is going away?

Can anyone confirm?

Thanks!

P.S. Not sure on your question sorry! I just passed 70-270 myself and haven't logged onto the site yet...
  • Options
    ULWizULWiz Member Posts: 722
    I think this was asked today on another topic. The person stated that the 2000 MCSA did not get retired until 2008. I believe you got at least until 2011 to complete these exams
    CompTIA A+ Nov 25, 1997
    CompTIA Network+ March 7, 2008
    MCTS Vista 620 June 14, 2008
    MCP Server 290 Nov 15, 2008
    MCP Server 291 In Progress (Exam 12/28/09)
    Cisco CCENT In Progress
    MCP Server 291 In Progress
    C|EH In Progress
  • Options
    CollectekCollectek Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    update: my ID works now....guess I had to wait for microsoft to update the info on their side :)

good to hear! I think an MCSA will be my goal
    An avid Zaurus user :)