Options

5 long years of doubting myself... PASSED 675

StigmatasStigmatas Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
I consider myself a geek, but not too comfortable with taking test. I always felt like I didn't learn as easy as others. Reading books wouldn't keep my attention enough to save my life.

I thought taking these life changing test and spending 250 on failing was just a horrible idea the odds were stacked against me.

I made myself believe I could pass and relied on the collective knowledge i've gathered over the years from my life. I took a class three months ago to refresh myself only to fall asleep daydream the whole class because it was so basic.[new horizons]

DON'T use brain ****..... http://certguard.org/

thats my rant... omg my first cert ><

Cliff Notes:
Don't doubt yourself, just do it.
Study hard and experience helps.
A pass is a pass, no matter the score.
Now I need to wait 5 days to get my cert?
DON'T use brain ****..... http://certguard.org/
Network+ > ICND1 > ICND2 > ?

<-- No degree

Network+ = 11/18/08 DONE

Comments

• Options
    Kevin10686Kevin10686 Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
    What was the source you used? It isn't looking legit? Did you know?
  • Options
    Kevin10686 wrote:
    What was the source you used? It isn't looking legit? Did you know?

n10-003 v2.73

I found it on a torrent. There were wireless questions, subnetting questions[cidr], and WAN [cell relay and ospf] questions that weren't covered in the practice test.

I know that information only because i've studied for my CCNA.

EDIT:Oh wow didn't see the x's in my first post.. I'm not sure i'm allowed to post the information. It wasn't very helpful in my test anyhow.

<-- No degree

Network+ = 11/18/08 DONE
  • Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Do you realise that you've used a **** and cheated?
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    rfult001rfult001 Member Posts: 407
    see those x's. Run your source through http://certguard.org/ and see what it tells you. Probably shouldn't get your material from torrents anyway, it usually isn't legit, or safe.
  • Options
    nel wrote:

No.. it wasn't cheating... How was it cheating when 1/2 the questions weren't on there?
    I went to lincoln tech to prepare for my net+ and a+ in 2003.
    I went to new horizons about 5ish months ago. 3 day course.
    How is that cheating?

It wasn't my only method of studying. It was however my only source of practice exams. I wasn't even aware that is was a bad thing. Don't care to use it again seeing it didn't help much and its frowned upon.

Please read the whole post before you accuse me of cheating...

<-- No degree

Network+ = 11/18/08 DONE
  • Options
    rfult001rfult001 Member Posts: 407
    According to the NDA it is considered cheating. Half the questions were not there because out of 300 question you were only tested on about 90. We are not saying that you intentionally cheated, but you do need to be careful when getting your study material from the internet.
  • Options
    Stigmatas wrote:
    nel wrote:

No.. it wasn't cheating... How was it cheating when 1/2 the questions weren't on there?

because those materials which you have used are basically from the exams and are well known for that. Some even use them for that reason unfortunately. If you dont believe me then run it through the cert guard website.

Im not trying to dampen your first cert but these materials are a known cheating source. If you didnt know this then learn from the experiance, move on and dont use them on the next one.

• Options
    ULWizULWiz Member Posts: 722
    Since half the questions were not on there does that mean the other half of the questions where.

Either way you slice or dice it it was still cheating. Maybe you did not know but now you do.

Its sad when you feel all proud about passing a test just to find out that you actually did ****.

I am sure you did learn something in the process and thats good.

Just sad you had to use a braindump to do it.

Do a little research on what they are so you know for next time.
    CompTIA A+ Nov 25, 1997
    CompTIA Network+ March 7, 2008
    MCTS Vista 620 June 14, 2008
    MCP Server 290 Nov 15, 2008
    MCP Server 291 In Progress (Exam 12/28/09)
    Cisco CCENT In Progress
    MCP Server 291 In Progress
    C|EH In Progress
  • Options
    NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    Stigmatas wrote:
    nel wrote:

Even if only 1 question was on there, it's still considered cheating and you could have your certs stripped if you are caught, plain and simple. It's apparent that you didn't realize you used a 'brain ****', but sorry to say it's still technically cheating. Sorry if it seams we are cutting you down. We are here to help but when we see xxxxx's we get a lil' upset, that's all. This does happen to others, so don't dwell on it too much, just use certguard next time and move on....

Anyways, I believe CompTia will email you, then you can log in and see your cert results. They will mail you a cert as well. Are you planning any future certs?
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • Options
    I think one person even 3 people have said it enough times.. i'm looking to move on not read post about how much of a cheater I am. I didn't know and I'm sorry. I take these test as serious as you guys..

I didn't pick IT because its good money.. I picked it because its what I do. So beyond you guys getting angry please just realize you've said it enough and just try to say Congratulations...

If I could do it all over again without that sh*t I would, but I can't. Ill just be sure not to do the same with my security+.

Look at my post date and join date.[edit]Ignorance doesn't excuse my behavior but geez.[/edit] Have some mercy.. don't you remember what it was like to get your first cert? Have some compassion, and i'm sorry once again.

<-- No degree

Network+ = 11/18/08 DONE
  • Options
    Like we say, learn from your mistakes and move on.

Good luck on the next cert.

• Options
    No problem happy you learned something.

Keep up the safe studying from now on and always use certguard to check the material you are getting.

Just to name a few

ucertify4less

Only ones i can think of

Best of luck
    CompTIA A+ Nov 25, 1997
    Cisco CCENT In Progress
    C|EH In Progress
  • Options
    Forgot it does not show up

hahahhaha my bad

Just use certguard
    CompTIA A+ Nov 25, 1997
    Cisco CCENT In Progress
    C|EH In Progress
  • Options
    genXrcistgenXrcist Member Posts: 531
    On your first Cert! You mentioned you're studying for the CCNA, I am too! What are you using?

I have Todd Lamle's 6th Ed CCNA book, CBT Nuggets, Video Mentor and I just bought Lammle's Virtual Lab (Titanium) a few days ago on Amazon.com for $73 to pracice. All in all, the CCNA seems much harder than the Network+ but WAY more interesting, not to mention useful!

Not one person has cared that I have the Network+ but when I mention the CCNA I'm studying for then they're all ears. :)

Congrats again!
    1) CCNP Goal: by August 2012
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    There's no reason to tear into him guys. He unintentionally used an illegitimate resource, apologized, and said he won't do it again. I'm not sure what else you want from him.
    genXrcist wrote:
    Not one person has cared that I have the Network+....

Maybe that's because you're from St. Paul. There's a bunch of weirdos there...
  • Options
    genXrcist wrote:
    On your first Cert! You mentioned you're studying for the CCNA, I am too! What are you using?

I have Todd Lamle's 6th Ed CCNA book, CBT Nuggets, Video Mentor and I just bought Lammle's Virtual Lab (Titanium) a few days ago on Amazon.com for $73 to pracice. All in all, the CCNA seems much harder than the Network+ but WAY more interesting, not to mention useful!

Not one person has cared that I have the Network+ but when I mention the CCNA I'm studying for then they're all ears. :)

Congrats again!

I'm not big on book names....

DSC07179.jpg

I havne't gotten serious about my CCNA studying again. I took a class last year and never went through with the exams. I also have my 2500 router which needs to be unlocked.. given to me for free but the password not remembered.

I thinking maybe I will get a kit, so I can get myself a switch too.[/img]

<-- No degree

Network+ = 11/18/08 DONE
  • Options
    I agree with Dynamik

I apologize for my statements as well. Though i endedmy comments nicely though.

I am also studying for my CCNA but taking it in two steps.

Taking the CCENT in 4 weeks time. Got two CCNA books and also the two ICND books from cisco. Just hate the layout and the dry reading so i decided to get two additional books.

Got two routers and switches in my rack downstairs so i have everything i need.

best of luck
    CompTIA A+ Nov 25, 1997
    Cisco CCENT In Progress
    C|EH In Progress
  • Options
    jbaellojbaello Member Posts: 1,191 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Stigmatas wrote:
    genXrcist wrote:

I have Todd Lamle's 6th Ed CCNA book, <a href=http://www.cbtnuggets.com/techexams target=”_blank”>CBT Nuggets</a>, Video Mentor and I just bought Lammle's Virtual Lab (Titanium) a few days ago on Amazon.com for $73 to pracice. All in all, the CCNA seems much harder than the Network+ but WAY more interesting, not to mention useful!

Congrats again!

I'm not big on book names....

DSC07179.jpg

I havne't gotten serious about my CCNA studying again. I took a class last year and never went through with the exams. I also have my 2500 router which needs to be unlocked.. given to me for free but the password not remembered.

I thinking maybe I will get a kit, so I can get myself a switch too.[/img]

I got Osborne and Fast Track from Sybex ;) how do you like it?
  • Options
    NetwurkNetwurk Member Posts: 1,155 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass Stigmatas!

The big thing about getting your links or comments xxxxxx'ed out is because this site does not want to promote illegal sites (and rightly so). That doesn't mean that you personally cheated.

We all use numerous sources - and the pic of your library shows that is also true for you. You just picked the wrong site to link to.

Congrats again on your pass and don't stress so much about the next one!

Peace