Options

Studying for exam

MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
So I've been studying really hard for my exam. I need to pass it today so I can become an engineer. Here is a sample question.

70% of drivers caused property damage, injuries, or death because of:

A. Unsafe Road Conditions
B. Human Error
C. Malfunctioning Traffic Signals
D. Defective Vehicles

Yes I have to pass my drivers test again because I moved to another state.

This is actually one of their tougher questions... After studying for the MCSE it cracks me up to see some of the sample test questions again. It's like if I saw on a Microsoft test

Faulty Network Drives are usually caused by:

A. A Dryer's Spin Cycle
B. Pencil Lead
C. Old Age
D. Raising taxes in the lower class because your job isn't exciting enough

However lets post another semi-hard one.

You should signal your intention to turn at least:

A. 200 feet before turning
B. 150 feet before turning
C. 100 feet before turning
D. 50 feet before turning

Good luck. ;)
My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!

Comments

• Options
    Well I thought this topic was cuter than 0 posts.

Well I PASSED! I got 1 question wrong (I can never A+ these things lol). I got it right becasue of the awesome braindumps on driver license certs. Anyone who wants a PDF just email me and I'll send it to you.

Some of the answers include "yes just drive through the red light. And "you have the right-of-way whenever you well please".

You may learn something!
  • Options
    draineydrainey Member Posts: 261
    DUDE sorry I missed this. It is kind of funny. But on a sad note, when I lived in Kansas, they sent you a reminder that your license would soon expire along with a written test and a "booklet" to study from that had all the answers in it. So it was basically open book and yet I personally know of two people that failed. How insane is that??
    The irony truly is strange that you're the only one you can change. -- Anthony Gomes
  • Options
    jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    drainey wrote:
    DUDE sorry I missed this. It is kind of funny. But on a sad note, when I lived in Kansas, they sent you a reminder that your license would soon expire along with a written test and a "booklet" to study from that had all the answers in it. So it was basically open book and yet I personally know of two people that failed. How insane is that??

wow, that's quite sad.
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • Options
    drainey wrote:

It's funny that you say that because I saw some check box on the test form that said 'open book'. I was thinking "Are you serious?". I can't believe a state really allows that.

I think I would enjoy talking to someone who didn't know the answers to those questions... It would give me a good laugh.

You may learn something!
  • Options
    skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    drainey wrote:

wow, that's quite sad.
    I have to agree, it is quite sad. I had a similar experience here in IL. I also moved recently and had to take the written exam to get a license here. The little booklet they give you has all the questions and answers in it, so all you have to do is read through it once or twice and you're golden. Even if you don't study, the test was so easy that if you've ever been on a road and aren't a complete dolt, it should be easy to pass. There were seriously questions like this:
    You're driving through an alley and are approaching a sidewalk. You should:
    a. honk your horn loudly to let people know you're coming so they get out of the way
    b. speed up so you can get past any pedestrian traffic
    c. slow down and stop before the sidewalk to check for pedestrian traffic.
    (And that was one of the HARDER questions on the exam! Granted most people in the Chicago area practice choice A though...)

It was so sad to go down to the DMV & see people STRUGGLING with this exam. I "studied" for one day & reviewed the booklet while I was waiting on line, and ended up getting 100%. But I seriously can't count the number of people that failed in just the short time I was there. The poor woman at the counter who was grading the exams kept shooting looks at people as she graded them - looks that said "You've got to be KIDDING me, we GAVE you the answers!!"
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • Options
    draineydrainey Member Posts: 261
    I've seen that look being thrown around at the DMV in Kansas. Of course these are also the people that don't seem to think they need insurance, or working brake lights, etc. But you know it's all about no child left behind, we can't hurt their feelings by expecting them to actually know this stuff.[/quote]
    The irony truly is strange that you're the only one you can change. -- Anthony Gomes