Options

Prometric

noel123ienoel123ie Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi there

Re Microsoft 2nd Chance offer:

1 If I fail test with you one centre can avail of second chance offer at other centre?

2 If I fail test with another test centre can I avail of second chance offer with a different centre

3 Are Prometric the only company I can do vista exam 70-620 with

Thanks for help
Noel

Comments

• Options
    ULWizULWiz Member Posts: 722
    Yes your second shot can be used at any testing center of your choice.

If you fail it twice you would have to purchase a new exam again and another second shot would be available again.

I would check micosoft web site for when the second shot offer stuff ends.

The other company is Pearson VUE. Not sure if they administer Microsoft test Currently.

I believe its only Prometric that deals with the Microsoft Tests
    CompTIA A+ Nov 25, 1997
    CompTIA Network+ March 7, 2008
    MCTS Vista 620 June 14, 2008
    MCP Server 290 Nov 15, 2008
    MCP Server 291 In Progress (Exam 12/28/09)
    Cisco CCENT In Progress
    MCP Server 291 In Progress
    C|EH In Progress
  • Options
    bliznakobliznako Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Pearson VUE stopped MS tests as far as I know. And second chance is here to stay for another 6 months or so... You can use your 2nd chance anywhere, since it's verified with Prometric, however I'd check with the test centre first.
  • Options
    skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    FYI, MS sweetened the second shot deal - if you pass on your first try, they give you a 25% discount on your next exam if taken before end of February. So you get something out of it either way...
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • Options
    HeroPsychoHeroPsycho Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,940
    skrpune wrote:
    FYI, MS sweetened the second shot deal - if you pass on your first try, they give you a 25% discount on your next exam if taken before end of February. So you get something out of it either way...

Yes, but from my understanding, you don't get a free second shot on that exam if you take the 25% off coupon.

I would suggest if you do this, take a difficult exam with the free second shot insurance. If you pass, go for 70-620 or another exam you feel you likely will not fail and use the 25% off there.

However, remember that 25% off is like $30, but a failed exam will cost you $125 to retake it without a free second shot.
    Good luck to all!
  • Options
    HeroPsycho wrote:
    skrpune wrote:

Yes, but from my understanding, you don't get a free second shot on that exam if you take the 25% off coupon.

I would suggest if you do this, take a difficult exam with the free second shot insurance. If you pass, go for 70-620 or another exam you feel you likely will not fail and use the 25% off there.

However, remember that 25% off is like $30, but a failed exam will cost you $125 to retake it without a free second shot.
    Correct....so if for example you have to take the 70-290 & also the 70-620, then I'd recommend using the second shot offer for the 290 exam and if you pass on the first shot, use the 25% off for the 620 exam.

• Options
    noel123ienoel123ie Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi there

If Microsoft extend the 2nd Chance offer can you only avail of this once?

In other words if I need to use this for say 70-620 exam then I can not use this for any more Microsoft exams?

Thanks
    Noel
  • Options
    You have to use the second take from a second shot for a retake of the same exam, but I don't see anything that precludes you from using a separate second shot for any & all MS exams you take. So if you're taking the 620 & the 290, you can apply for separate second shot vouchers for each.