Options

Gmail Themes

TalicTalic Member Posts: 423
I gotta say... I'm impressed. If you haven't checked it out then you should. It shows up on a bar at the top of your window or you can look under settings.

100x better the hotmail, yahoo, and aol now. Well aol has a decent theme but hotmail is awful now with the new one.

Gmail still seems pretty fast, too.

Comments

• Options
    the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Thanks for this, I hated the default theme they had for me!
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • Options
    RTmarcRTmarc Member Posts: 1,082 ■■■□□□□□□□
    This must be a server specific change because I don't see anything about themes anywhere on there.
  • Options
    shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    RTmarc wrote:
    This must be a server specific change because I don't see anything about themes anywhere on there.

I found it as a tab under settings last night.
  • Options
    cisco_troopercisco_trooper Member Posts: 1,441 ■■■■□□□□□□
    My gmail account announced the release of the themes to me. They can be found on the themes tab under your account settings. Fantastic.
  • Options
    slideoffslideoff Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The Gmail team is still rolling the feature out to users. I'm still waiting for the themes... Can't wait to use the terminal theme.
    "Jeez louise, I can't wait to get my MCSE and quit this job." - Nick Burns
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,031 Admin
    I just received Gmail Themes this morning. The Terminal theme is hilarious! If they had it in amber rather than green it would remind me of the ending credits in Portal.

I'm now using the Planets theme and it's terrific! It reminds me of my years in the SETI@Home forum on dslreports.com. But I don't understand why Gmail needed to know my location other than "Earth."
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Wonder how many more features until Gmail comes out of Beta.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    BradleyHUBradleyHU Member Posts: 918 ■■■■□□□□□□
    my co-worker in the cubicle next to me got it, but i didnt...
    we were just talkin about this like 3 minutes ago
    Link Me
    Graduate of the REAL HU & #1 HBCU...HAMPTON UNIVERSITY!!! #shoutout to c/o 2004
    WIP: 70-410(TBD) | ITIL v3 Foundation(TBD)
  • Options
    leefdaddyleefdaddy Member Posts: 405
    I'm loving the new themes.... They've needed to do something like this for a while.
    Dustin Leefers
  • Options
    wiseguywiseguy Member Posts: 62 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I like the Graffiti and Ninja themes!
  • Options
    phantasmphantasm Member Posts: 995
    Still waiting...
    "No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man." -Heraclitus
  • Options
    RTmarcRTmarc Member Posts: 1,082 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Just got it. Going with Shiny.
  • Options
    NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    Definitely gotta go with the ninja's. I'm going to have to assume they gave me Minnesota Ninja's since Google asked what my location was. It looks like there are 6 ninja's guarding my email now. Firewalls, antispam/antivirus, PGP, s/mime, SSL.....PFFT, who needs all that crap when you have a gang of ninja's.
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • Options
    JavonRJavonR Member Posts: 245
    RTmarc wrote:
    Just got it. Going with Shiny.

I second that, I went with shiny after playing with terminal for a while :)
  • Options
    brad-brad- Member Posts: 1,218
    Finally dark themes. Goes well with my dark FFX and windows scheme.

Terminal needs some improvement in the chat area though...impossible to see who's online.
  • Options
    rfult001rfult001 Member Posts: 407
    Ninja for now. Terminal definitely needs amber; the green reminds me of the AS400 terminal.