Options

hands on

alex_k_harrisonalex_k_harrison Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
would you say that in order to pass the 70-215 exam you definatly need hands on experience with W2K Server. i have my exam booked for thursday and i probably haven't had as much experience as i think i should have in order to pass. i have done a lot reading though using the Sybex study guide and various test engines.
whats your opinions?

Comments

• Options
    mikiemovmikiemov Member Posts: 182
    Without a doubt, id say you need at least 6months experience using W2k server on a day to day basis
    A woman drove me to drink, and I didnt have the decency to thank her.
  • Options
    thanks mate, looks like i will have to do some serious revising then
  • Options
    mikiemovmikiemov Member Posts: 182
    Possibly, we were running an NT4.0 domain here, when I started studying for MCSE 2000..To be honest, I hadnt a hope in hell in passing any of the exams due to lack of "hands on" experience.

We then upgraded to W2k and within 4 mths started studying again. Within 7mths of that I had MCSE...MCSE W2k, definitley requires more hands on knowledge than any other mcp exams...
    A woman drove me to drink, and I didnt have the decency to thank her.
  • Options
    maxbassettmaxbassett Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    would you say that in order to pass the 70-215 exam you definatly need hands on experience with W2K Server.

Absolutely NO hands on experience with Win2K Server is needed to pass 70-215 if you study the right things… I have seen it done on many occasions

The problem with this approach is you will not be able to function in a real world environment, for that hands on experience is a must.
  • Options
    i took the exam on thursday with little hands on experience and passed, all be it with a score of 715, but a pass is a pass. maybe i could have got a better score if i did have a little more hands on experience but i managed to pass with what i had.
    thanks for replying lads :D
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congratulations!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    rstarrettrstarrett Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    iwannabeccnaiwannabeccna Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    mikiemov wrote:
    Without a doubt, id say you need at least 6months experience using W2k server on a day to day basis

Yeah right! What rubbish! The exam is not that hard. I did one week in a class and only installed the thing, didnt use it. Then I studied solid for one week and I passed with 850.

6 months using on a day to day basis is overkill for one measly MCP!