Options

Where to buy cool IT lanyards?

JakeSchulteJakeSchulte Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
I broke my lanyard the other day and would like to get a new one that has something to do with IT. The only place I've found so far has been ThinkGeek. Anybody have any good ideas?

Thanks,

Jake
It has yet to be proven that intelligence has any survival value. - Mr. C

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Just use a piece of CAT5.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    JakeSchulteJakeSchulte Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I like what you're saying. But, I don't think my bosses would think it would be acceptable. I have to dress up.
    It has yet to be proven that intelligence has any survival value. - Mr. C
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,031 Admin
    Find someone that goes to a lot of seminars, symposiums, and conventions. That person will have a drawer filled with badges and lanyards.
  • Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    JDMurray wrote:
    Find someone that goes to a lot of seminars, symposiums, and conventions. That person will have a drawer filled with badges and lanyards.
    No kidding. The bottom drawer of my filing cabinet is just full of exhibition junk. You don't ever need to buy a lanyard if you don't mind it advertising some product.
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,031 Admin
    My lanyard from Defcon 16 is the coolest one I've ever gotten. icon_cool.gif
  • Options
    Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I never thought I'd hear "cool", "IT" and "lanyard" in the same sentence before. Just my $.02.
  • Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If I ever need one I will dig out one from my collection. It sure won't be IT related though - will be from a F1 or A1 GP, or maybe MotoGP or Superbikes.
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Mrock4 wrote: »
    I never thought I'd hear "cool", "IT" and "lanyard" in the same sentence before. Just my $.02.
    I opened this thread to make the exact same comment, glad to see I'm not the only one with that thought. icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    MentholMooseMentholMoose Member Posts: 1,525 ■■■■■■■■□□
    MentholMoose
    MCSA 2003, LFCS, LFCE (expired), VCP6-DCV
  • Options
    steve13adsteve13ad Member Posts: 398 ■■■■□□□□□□

Nice lead, but I found this one which may be more appropriate!
  • Options
    eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I don't wear anything around my neck because I don't want to give the ninjas that are constantly stalking me an easy way to choke me.

duh...

MS
  • Options
    steve13ad wrote: »
    Nice lead, but I found this one which may be more appropriate!

Jeez guys, how am I supposed to decide between those two really great choices...

I know, maybe I can alternate Monday/Wednesday's Hannah Montana then on Tuesday/Thursday's Hello Kitty and on Friday's I can rock this baby!
  • Options
    eMeS wrote: »
    I don't wear anything around my neck because I don't want to give the ninjas that are constantly stalking me an easy way to choke me.
    That's just dynamik. You can ignore him.
    th_Ultimate_Ninja_Battle_by_bad_blood.gif
  • Options
    chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    use this for your lanyard

L10800869.jpg
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • Options
    Nah bike chains are too wimpy, try this instead:

418Ksl%2BUQoL.jpg
  • Options
    eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
    astorrs wrote: »
    Jeez guys, how am I supposed to decide between those two really great choices...

I know, maybe I can alternate Monday/Wednesday's Hannah Montana then on Tuesday/Thursday's Hello Kitty and on Friday's I can rock this baby!

I have an even better idea.

Just get a giant tampon and use that. You'll not only be able to proudly display your work badge, you'll also be covered when your period starts!

:)

MS
  • Options
    msteinhilbermsteinhilber Member Posts: 1,480 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Tried a lanyard a couple of times, just isn't my thing. Was trying to make it work out for my access card because the clip to my belt or shirt thing really irks me, and simply sticking it in my pocket makes it convenient to lose (always great arriving to work locked out of your department, didn't have the physical key since the locks just changed).

Turns out lanyards annoy me too, that and I dunno - I think they just look a bit tacky. I'm more of a pockets kind of person - minimal stuff though. Cell in one, leatherman and flash drive in the other. Access card rides in my wallet so I kinda have to present my rear to the door to make it open - sure I look like a tard, but it ensures I never forget it since I very very rarely ever forget my wallet.
  • Options
    kenny831kenny831 Member Posts: 266
    eMeS wrote: »
    I have an even better idea.

Just get a giant tampon and use that. You'll not only be able to proudly display your work badge, you'll also be covered when your period starts!

:)

MS

Oh no you di'ent!
  • Options
    Access card rides in my wallet so I kinda have to present my rear to the door to make it open
    I have a client where aside from having to have the badge visible at all times you need to use it to enter or exit through any doors and as a part of logging into any workstation. You get used to it and it doesn't really look any more tacky when everyone else in the building is wearing them too. :)
  • Options
    SrAtechieSrAtechie Member Posts: 150 ■□□□□□□□□□
    This is the lanyard that I use at work:

LEGO 852330-1: Lanyard LEGO Classic | Brickset: LEGO set guide and database

It's great because it's thick and bright so I never forget it when I'm rushing out the door to work (as I usually am) and saves me the trouble of having to turn around again when I realized 10 minutes into my commute that I forgot it (along with my access card) To show how much of a big Lego and Star Wars geek I am, I also hang this on said Lanyard:

LEGO® Star Wars? Darth Vader Key Chain | Star Wars? Accessories | LEGO Shop
    Working on: Linux+, CCNP:Switch
  • Options
    RappellerRappeller Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Get a Cub Scout, Boy Scout, or Girl Scout to make you one. I keep getting one from summer camp.
    WGU B.S.IT - Software - Completion Date January, 2015 (Sooner Hopefully)
    Courses Completed - EWB2 CLC1 AXV1 TTV1 INC1 WSV1
    Courses Needed - INT1 BOV1 TPV1 QLT1 LAT1 GAC1 HHT1 LET1 ORC1 KET1 IWT1 MGC1 WDV1 KFT1 TWA1 ABV1 ANV1 WPV1 CPW5
    Transferred- BAC1, BBC1, LAE1, LUT1, IWC1 SSC1, SST1, TSV1
  • Options
    phonetic.manphonetic.man Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I got a yellow Fluke lanyard as a freebie once when my employer bought a cable tester.

I have two lanyards (the Fluke and some basic blue thing) for my keys but neither lives around my neck. Each hangs out of my pocket so that I can tell if I have the correct keys with me, otherwise I just walk out and get locked out (Yellow=work & Blue=personal).
    Currently studying: Backup Academy, CWNA, MCSA:08, iBoss ISCP
  • Options
    Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I got 2 that came with performance car parts. I dig em'.