Options

So i booked the N+ exam...

wedge1988wedge1988 Member Posts: 434 ■■■□□□□□□□
And during the booking process it asked for a member ID?

stop!

if im correct i took my A+ in 2007 and i was never given a member ID? i have a CompTIA ID which has been assigned to me, which was way too long for the box on the booking screen. and the fact that there were no other boxes to fill in.

Am i right when i say CompTIA will automatically assign my Network+ data with my A+ data, or should i give them a call? I actually went through a college when i did my A+, but i do all my tests by myself now.

cheers guys /gals.
~ wedge1988 ~ IdioT Certified~
MCSE:2003 ~ MCITP:EA ~ CCNP:R&S ~ CCNA:R&S ~ CCNA:Voice ~ Office 2000 MASTER ~ A+ ~ N+ ~ C&G:IT Diploma ~ Ofqual Entry Japanese

Comments

• Options
    skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    the member ID isn't necessary - it's only if you're a paying CompTIA member. If you're doing your N+ through the same "brand" of test center as you did your A+, then your CompTIA career ID might show up but I'm not sure. Unless you're a paying member, then you don't need to enter an ID.

I did my A+ through Pearson Vue & am doing my N+ through Prometric, and so my career ID isn't showing...I did call up Prometric customer service though to ask if there was something I needed to do to make sure that CompTIA tracked my N+ results back to the same record/career ID that I have from doing my A+, and they said no - CompTIA will figure it out and all should be well.
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • Options
    wedge1988wedge1988 Member Posts: 434 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the reply,

That seems to me like a long way around, and problem waiting for CompTIA. It doesnt necessarily help people like you or me out iether does it? we have enough to worry about with the exam let alone getting the ruddy details right for the company who we have to pay?!

anyways, ill give them a phone and make sure like you have.

cheers ;) ill let you know how i get on.
    ~ wedge1988 ~ IdioT Certified~
    MCSE:2003 ~ MCITP:EA ~ CCNP:R&S ~ CCNA:R&S ~ CCNA:Voice ~ Office 2000 MASTER ~ A+ ~ N+ ~ C&G:IT Diploma ~ Ofqual Entry Japanese