Options

Exam Done now the wait!!! How long did you wait!?

macstamacsta Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi Guys

I have been browsing the forums for a while and can’t seem to see anything relating to how long you guys had to wait for your results.

I took my CISSP exam on the 15th Nov in Brussels, and the waiting is killing me.

Personally Pass or Fail I don’t think I would be able to put myself though that exam again. It was mental torture.

However I am really interested to know how long ICS2 made some of you guys/girls wait before giving you the good/bad news.

Also has anyone who took their exam on the 15/16th of November already had your results?

Thank you,
Mac

(It was hard, But worth it)

Comments

• Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,031 Admin
    The standard wait is 2-4 weeks. This week is a holiday over here in the States, so I assume the (ISC)2 will want to get all the pending results out this week. Make sure to check your junk email folder in case your spam filter routes your notification email there.
  • Options
    I was quite optamistic about finding out in the next few days,

But then I read cccure.org and found out there are still people waiting from their results from as early as the 8th Nov.

Quite crushing news. means no sleep for me for probably another week. icon_sad.gif

Thanks for the info though JD :)

When is your exam, I noticed alot of posts from you in the runup, but no final date or result?
    Mac

• Options
    macsta wrote:
    When is your exam, I noticed alot of posts from you in the runup, but no final date or result?
    I take the CISSP on December 20th. Because of the holidays, I may very well be waiting four weeks for my results, but I don't really care; I just want to get it over with. It would have been so much better for me if my original November exam date had not been canceled. The only studying I've been doing in all of 2008 is SSCP and CISSP material, and I'm sick of it.
  • Options
    That is one evil about of study. I have had a busy year with study, but not all 1 subject matter.

Good luck. After already sitting that exam, I think the only use I can think of for it, is to wish it upon people I dont like. It would make a great punishment.

I have come to terms with the fact I am probably not going to be finding out much before you do your exam. Good luck (although luck has nothing to do with it now :) ) to all those who are also waiting for your results...

And ofc seasons greetings to everyone :)
    Mac

• Options
    tdempseytdempsey Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I tested in Chicago on November 9th and have yet to receive the results.
    I emailed registrar on the off chance I might be able to find out early and they said that they may not even get sent until after the Thanksgiving holiday. I am dying over here. icon_smile.gif
  • Options
    The annoying part, is I really should be preping for a re-take... But they are taking so long. I dont want to be wasting my time and effort.
    Mac

• Options
    macsta wrote:
    The annoying part, is I really should be preping for a re-take... But they are taking so long. I dont want to be wasting my time and effort.
    I would certainly not want to start studying the material again as soon as I completed the exam either. Giving you brain a break is a good thing. If you do fail, the email you receive will list your best (10) to worst (1) domains, and from there you'll know better what to restudy.
  • Options
    I have got bored of waiting now, so have moved on to studying for my GCIA, This waiting is really not funny any more.
    Mac

• Options
    Most people will drive themselves crazy with the waiting. Best to start a new project right away to take your mind off of it. I have several Java programming projects and a pile of new games that I'll jump right into after my exam.
  • Options
    down77down77 Member Posts: 1,009
    That is good advice JD. After my exam in 2 weeks I plan to break open a Database Design book and start to learn Java Development (latter is the last class I have left @ WGU). But really, how how can it be to scan a scantron as long as the candidate number is properly filled in? I did the same for my ITIL exam and turn around was 2 days (to allow for fedex to transmit the forms to the grading office).
    CCIE Sec: Starting Nov 11
  • Options
    I don't really know what the process is for grading (ISC)2 exams, how many exams they have backlogged to grade, and how many people they actually have to do the grading and reporting. I assume all of the testing materials must first be shipped back to (ISC)2 headquarters in Florida, there are always hundreds of exams waiting to be processed, and there are only a few people to perform the actual grading/reporting process (it might be the same people that do the auditing as well). Also, I assume there's an integrity-checking process that goes beyond merely scanning a Scantron form.

I occasionally hear grumblings about the millions of dollars the (ISC)2 rakes in each years from AMF alone, but they can't get exam results out in less than a week. I don't know if it's a problem that can be solved by throwing more money at it.
  • Options
    Has anybody received any results from tests taken in November? I am still waiting for results from November ninth exam.
  • Options
    No news here yet,
    Mac

• Options
    I emailed the registrar again yesterday asking for the results so I can figure out if I needed to register for the Minneapolis exam to retake since that's where I live but fortunately... I DONT HAVE TO BECAUSE I PASSED!

It's so true that you just can't tell when you leave the exam where you stood. I have been stressing out for nearly a month and assuming the worst because you just don't know.

Now to work on the endorsement.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congratulations!
  • Options
    LarryDaManLarryDaMan Member Posts: 797
  • Options
  • Options
    RTmarcRTmarc Member Posts: 1,082 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats. If you have any questions on the endorsement or that process, let us know.
  • Options
    down77down77 Member Posts: 1,009
    Congrats!
    CCIE Sec: Starting Nov 11
  • Options
    Congratz!
    Mac

• Options
    I appreciate it.
  • Options
    Finally got my result! I found out last night at 23:12, and thankfully I passed the exam :D am not sure how well I did as there was no indication of weaknesses/Strengths, but I am over the moon.

For those of you in the UK (Or willing to Travel), You may be interested to know that part of my preparation for this exam included the CISSP course provided by Blue Screen IT based in Plymouth. I will be returning there to do my CEH in Apr.

http://bluescreenit.co.uk/

This course is well designed, and coupled with some self motivated Follow-on Study I feel it was an integral part of my ability to pass the exam.

My other study aids were:

--CISSP Exam Cram 2 - Michael Gregg - Good book, but a few confusing area's
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/CISSP-Exam-Cram-Michael-Gregg/dp/078973446X
    --Offical ISC2 CBK - Long winded book, and a painful read. But covers everything you need.
    --Various Practice tests.

So a special thanks to Michael Dieroff my instructor at BSIT, and also to those who were supporting me though the evil waiting period.

Oh and good luck for December JD, I am sure you will follow suit.
    Mac

• Options
    Congrats to you!
  • Options
    shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    Congrats on the pass!!
  • Options
    Got my Confirmation of being certified today :)

How long do you have now JD?
    Mac

• Options
    I take my exam on the Saturday the 20th in Los Angeles. I need to figure out what my study plan is between now and then. I'm so sick of it all; I really can't wait to work on something else.
  • Options
    To be honest I wouldn't hit any one domain completely. What I did was read the about the subjects I had no paid attention to. Access Security (CCTV etc) and the subjects likely to be asked alot of about like Risk Management and BCP.

Then for the last two weeks I just got my head into the way they ask questions. I did this by doing 50-100 questions in each domain. try to stay in 1 domain at a time. then you will realise how many ways there are to ask the same question. and Always look for the words BEST, MOST LIKELY, IDEAL and WORST. Because of course those words and really change a question.

I found the hardest part of CISSP was not the content! but knowing what they were actually asking! 75% (at a guess) of CISSP

After that all I can say is good luck.
    Mac

• Options
    Yes, it seems that practice questions are best for showing you what topics you don't yet know, or how you are mis-interpreting questions. I do need to go over BCP/DRP, RM, and some details of NetSec and PhySec too. Oh, and all those crypto tables to (re)memorize too. Next week I'll spend re-reading all the study notes I have.
    macsta wrote:
    I found the hardest part of CISSP was not the content! but knowing what they were actually asking! 75% (at a guess) of CISSP
    Thanks for the input. I'm interested to see how differently the CISSP exams questions are worded from the questions on the SSCP exam. I might try spending no more than 60 seconds on a question before passing on it to solve it later, and saving the largest questions until last. It took me about 45 minutes to fully mark, check, and double-check the 125 questions on the SSCP answer sheet, so I've got to plan on reserving double that time for the CISSP exam.
  • Options
    DrSnarkyDrSnarky Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I took my exam on Saturday December 8, 2008 and received my congratulatory e-mail on Tuesday December 16, 2008.

I don't think I have ever checked my e-mail so frequently as I did during that 8 days waiting for the e-mail telling me I passed. :D
  • Options
    Congratulations, DrSnarky! icon_thumright.gif

That was a fast turnaround for the results. I'm hoping not to wait too terribly long for the CISSP exam I just took on 12/20.