Options

How many sleep hours do you get?

2»

Comments

• Options
    BeaverC32BeaverC32 Member Posts: 670 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Usually get around 7 hours during the weeknights, and an extra hour during the weekend. Anything more than that and I feel as if I wasted a good part of the day.
    MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003, LPIC-1, MCP, MCTS: Vista Config, MCTS: SQL Server 2005, CCNA, A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Linux+, BSCS (Information Systems)
  • Options
    TechJunkyTechJunky Member Posts: 881
    8-10hours usually. If I sleep longer than that, waking up the next morning is such a hard task.
  • Options
    ilcram19-2ilcram19-2 Banned Posts: 436
    between 5 and 6 on weekdays and 8-12 on weekends
  • Options
    skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    on weekdays, I get 6-7 hours sleep. I'm a night owl and am usually up past midnight, but I'm on morning dog walk duty, which means I'm either up or woken up by the dog no later than 7-7:30. The dog's actually been known to head butt the side of the bed and jump on top of me if I don't get up in time!

On weekends, the husband takes over the morning dog duty, so I get to sleep in a little and get 7-9 hours sleep. Ahhhh, weekends...

In the 'old days' (high school & college), I routinely got 3-5 hours of sleep. I've never been a good sleeper and have always had trouble falling asleep, ever since I was a kid.
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • Options
    loxleynewloxleynew Member Posts: 405
    Wow how do you guys function off so little sleep. If I get any less than 8 I drag ass all day long. I usually get around 9 hours if I work the next day and on week-ends around 10.

I also can't stand caffeine so maybe that's why.
  • Options
    wat08wat08 Member Posts: 128
    GT-Rob wrote:
    If I work the next day, 4-6hrs tops.

If I have the next day off, 8-14hrs

Thankfully I have more days off than on (12hr shifts)

The joys of working in a NOC? I had an offer for a NOC position with 5 days on, 5 days off. 11-hour shifts. There's no way I could handle that.
  • Options
    94jedi94jedi Member Posts: 177
    right now, about 7-8 hrs per night. That said, I'm about to have my world rocked by a baby girl mid-december so I'm guessing at minimum, I'll cut my current number in half. I'll be lucky to get 4 hours lol.
    HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!!!
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    As many as possible every night. That usually comes out to about 6 on weekdays and 8 on the weekends like most.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    olufonolufon Member Posts: 22 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Max of 7
    Olufon.Muyiwa
  • Options
    supertechCETmasupertechCETma Member Posts: 377
    6 on average.
    powernap @ lunch.
    Electronic Technicians Association-International www.eta-i.org
    The Fiber Optic Association www.thefoa.org
    Home Acoustics Alliance® http://www.homeacoustics.net/
    Imaging Science Foundation http://www.imagingscience.com/
  • Options
    KGhaleonKGhaleon Member Posts: 1,346 ■■■■□□□□□□
    4-6 for sunday-thursday. Friday and saturday night I stay up as late as I want. :)
    Present goals: MCAS, MCSA, 70-680
  • Options
    kryollakryolla Member Posts: 785
    On weekdays I go to bed around 1-2 am and get up around 7 and on weekends I get up around 10. I am more nocturnal than a morning person.
    Studying for CCIE and drinking Home Brew
  • Options
    cbigbrickcbigbrick Member Posts: 284
    I'm in bed by midnight and get up at 8AM. But I really don't sleep more than 6 hours. The rest of the time, I'm tossing and turning and thinking. My mind just keeps going......
    And in conclusion your point was.....???

Don't get so upset...it's just ones and zeros.
  • Options
    qplayedqplayed Member Posts: 303
    ideally i would like 5-6 hours :) hard when you have 2 full time jobs and studying for
    CCNP etc...
    If you cannot express in a sentence or two what
    you intend to get across, then it is not focused
    well enough.
    —Charles Osgood, TV commentator
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    What's sleep?

Seriously, I've always been an insomniac, my mother was too. When I got into IT, and then into college, I slept even less. There are nights I get as much as 5 or 6 hours, but I tend to average anywhere from 2 to 4, depending on the time of year.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    IncInc Member Posts: 184
    I sleep from 900 - 445 every day. At least I wake up at the same time, even if I fall asleep at 2200

That's about 7h 30min daily.

Then some more sleep while commuting, occasionally.