Options

70-290 Passed on Friday

lucifer_samlucifer_sam Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey,

managed to square away my 290 exam yesterday with a score of 980. This has done wonders for my confidence, so I'm now looking forward to the 291 or "The Beast" as it seems to be known by.

Once I've cracked the 291 I'll be in the MCSA club. icon_cool.gif (and able to chill out a bit!)

LS.

Comments

• Options
    gravyjoegravyjoe Member Posts: 260
    Wow, a 980 is almost a perfect score, congratulations! What study aids did you use to prepare for the 290 exam?
    The biggest risk in life is not taking one.
  • Options
    Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Wow, amazing score.

Hit DNS and subnetting, hard and often for your 70-291. There is a course on DNS at www.vtc.com I highly recommend you watch before starting your 70-291.
    -Daniel
  • Options
    dfjamadfjama Banned Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations for the pass, and the perfect score...
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Congratulations on the pass, and good luck with your 70-291 studies.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    amp2030amp2030 Member Posts: 253
    forzajuve wrote:
    I want to give an 70-290 exam on January. I've read on forms that testinside dundar corrected version 9.5 is best practice. Did you have any mind about that? which test tool will help me to prepare exam?

According to CertGuard, that's a braindump. So no, it's not best practice, it's cheating.

http://www.CertGuard.com/Search.asp?Site=testinside.com

Oh, and sam, congrats on the pass!!
  • Options
    jmpintojmpinto Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Wow! Congrats on the awesome score! I'm just hoping for a pass at this point. :)
  • Options
    BulletzBulletz Member Posts: 159
    Congrats!!! mate, which all luck for the Beast! give us some aid for 290 i will taking it on Jan.
    Show me the way to go 127.0.0.1
  • Options
    lucifer_samlucifer_sam Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I've off the scope the last couple of weeks, cramming for my 291 exam.

I put down my high score on the 290 by some good tutution on an instructor led course using the Microsoft official academic text books and lab manuals. Plus in the evenings, I worked my way through the Microsoft Press training kit including their test engine included on the CD.

I found the 290 exam surprisingly short to be honest and easier than the 270. Although I feel a lot more at home working on servers than XP clients.

Good luck to everyone attempting the 290 in the near future.

LS.

P.S. I passed my 291 this Friday and now know why its called the beast (compared to 270 and 290)
  • Options
    Big JizayBig Jizay Member Posts: 269
    Congratulations Sam!!! :D

Must feel good to be MCSA now! Hopefully I'll be in the same boat a month from now.
    The only thing that can stop you is you

Currently studying for 70-293