Options

Is the SSCP exam recognised at all?

AD200AD200 Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi All,

New to the forums and need some advise please. I'm looking for IT Security certs that are well recognised as I'm about to do a recognition of prior learning for skilled migration. I'm just about to sit the Security+ exam, CWNA, CWSP and then do the SSCP. Is the SSCP a good cert? I'm finding through research that its not that well known??? It looks like a great exam to me....I do intend on doing the CISSP but need one more years work experience to sit it. Are there other exams out there that are worth doing? My experience mainly falls under Access Control and Compliance.

Thanks!

A

Comments

• Options
    eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
    AD200 wrote:
    Hi All,

New to the forums and need some advise please. I'm looking for IT Security certs that are well recognised as I'm about to do a recognition of prior learning for skilled migration. I'm just about to sit the Security+ exam, CWNA, CWSP and then do the SSCP. Is the SSCP a good cert? I'm finding through research that its not that well known??? It looks like a great exam to me....I do intend on doing the CISSP but need one more years work experience to sit it. Are there other exams out there that are worth doing? My experience mainly falls under Access Control and Compliance.

Thanks!

A

Regarding the SSCP, I can't really add anything that you don't already know...that is that the CISSP is the high ground in that world.

However, since you mentioned an interest in compliance, you might be interested in the new ISO/IEC 27002 certifications soon to be offered by Exin...Here are some links:

ISO/IEC 27002 Foundation Certification

and

ISO/IEC 27002 Advanced Certification

I can't say much about whether these will be worth doing or not, as they are new. However, if it is anything like any of the other things from the world of ISO then having this knowledge on your resume is likely worth the effort and cost.

MS
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,035 Admin
    Recognized by whom?

The SSCP isn't a very well-marketed cert, IMHO, but it is a good one to get for the InfoSec knowledge.
  • Options
    AD200AD200 Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks MS will check those links out!!! I think I will still go for the SSCP next Feb. Back to the books for me!

Have bought the Official ISC2 Guide to the SSCP CBK and SSCP prep guide. Should that be enough? Are there any good practice questions for the SSCP exam?

Thanks..