Options

It has been booked

DanielHughesDanielHughes Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
I have been studying for the last couple of months for the beast and have now booked. 8th January is the day. I am having 2 weeks off over Christmas so will be studying like mad. I find it really hard to get into a study routine as I have a son who is a year and a half old who makes it difficult to concentrate while he is awake and running amok. But two weeks at the in laws place with nanny and poppy to babysit, I should get some good study in. Will be very relieved once this one is over

Comments

• Options
    rfult001rfult001 Member Posts: 407
    I'm in the same boat with a 4 month old. In-laws should keep him busy. :) Need to schedule the test for some time during the break. Good luck!
  • Options
    rfult001 wrote:
    I'm in the same boat with a 4 month old. In-laws should keep him busy. :) Need to schedule the test for some time during the break. Good luck!

I would have liked to do the exam over the holidays but all the testing centres near me close from 19th Dec - 5th Jan so will have to take time off Work to do it. Oh well
  • Options
    MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good luck.
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • Options
    WillTech105WillTech105 Member Posts: 216
    Good luck with it!
    In Progress: CCNP ROUTE
  • Options
  • Options
    amp2030amp2030 Member Posts: 253
    Good luck! Booked mine for Dec 17.
  • Options
    Well, I sat The Beast this morn and failed. icon_sad.gif
    I was quietly confident as I had done a lot of preparation for this, reading, doing sims, practice tests etc. I wasn't blitzing it but I thought I would pull through for the exam.
    Oh well, back to practice and I am sure I will get it next time.
  • Options
    NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    Bummer. Concentrate on the areas you were weak in. How close were you?
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • Options
    undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    Better luck next time! What area(s) looked like they hit you the hardest on?
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • Options
    I got 595. RRAS was the one that I scored lowest in. Not sure if I missed selecting something on the "click here" questions.

It's all good. I will keep at it and get there.

Thanks for your support though
  • Options
    RoboRooRoboRoo Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Bad luck mate. I passed the exam a couple of days ago with a 795 on my second attempt. On my first try I got 653. I don't think 795 is anything special but its just a relief to not have to do it again.
  • Options
    RRAS was the one that I scored lowest in.

Well you're not alone, I can tell you that. I'd lab it up as much as possible. As much as it pains you, turn your home 2003 server into a router using RRAS. You will hate life, but get a better understanding of how it's suppose to work. icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I got 595. RRAS was the one that I scored lowest in. Not sure if I missed selecting something on the "click here" questions.

It's all good. I will keep at it and get there.

Thanks for your support though

Good luck man!! You'll do fine the second time around. Lab it up.
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • Options
    Well, I did it.

I used my Second Shot and had round 2 with The Beast this morning and I did it. 825. I am thrilled. I was confident going into round one but got pwned. I had a rest from studying for a week or so then got back into. Reading/Labs/CBT Nuggets. All so helpful. Also got some much useful info from posts and resources on this site. Thanks so much everyone for their input.

Bring on 620
  • Options
    Congrats! icon_thumright.gif

Way to stick with it. Good luck with 620, from what I hear it should be a walk in the park compared to this exam.
  • Options
    Congrats! icon_thumright.gif

Way to stick with it. Good luck with 620, from what I hear it should be a walk in the park compared to this exam.

Thanks man, I will be.
    Few drinks tonight to celebrate/relax, then back into it!
  • Options
    genXrcistgenXrcist Member Posts: 531
    Congrats!!!
    1) CCNP Goal: by August 2012
  • Options
    aquageekaquageek Member Posts: 152
    Nice work, that's how it's done.

What's the passing score on this exam; 700?
    You are the systems administrator for a large enterprise that has decided to place computers in the lobby for access to public company information. On Tuesday morning Rooslan storms into your office screaming, "what the hell is this? In the last question I was the systems administrator. Now I am only a "Backup Operator"? This **** is crazy!"
  • Options
    Johnny JohnsonJohnny Johnson Member Posts: 241 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations and good luck with 620! :)
    Next up: 100-101 ICND1 :study:

Keep the Son in your eyes!
  • Options
    aquageek wrote: »
    What's the passing score on this exam; 700?

Yes, 700 is minimum to pass this exam.