Discovering your network

iankfiankf Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi,

What ways are there in the cisco CCNA of discovering and connecting to the network. I know of

Telnet (anytime i tried this in a exam to set router passwords the command was unavailable??)

Show cdp neighbours (detail)

show ip arp

show ip route

tracert

ping

I got quite confused in the CCNA exam when asked to MODERATED

Comments

• nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    MODERATED

If you want something to autodiscover your network cisco network assistant is pretty good. however they have to be cisco devices to be detected i think. There are also other packages out there which can do so too.
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • iankfiankf Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm talking in particular to the CCNA exam, perhaps I missed something that I needed to connect to it.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    iankf wrote:
    I'm talking in particular to the CCNA exam, perhaps I missed something
    Something like the Cisco NDA you agreed to when you took the exam?

Cisco Candidate Conduct Policy
    No candidate will take any action that will compromise the integrity or confidentiality of a Cisco Certification examination or otherwise compromise the integrity of the Cisco Certification program. Such actions include but are not limited to:
    • Disseminating actual exam content via web postings, discussion groups, chat rooms, study guides, etc.

Cisco Career Certifications and Confidentiality Agreement
    You agree that the contents of the exam are confidential and that the disclosure of that information could compromise the integrity of the Program and of Certifications. Cisco makes exams available to you solely to test your knowledge of the exam subject matter for which you seek Certification. You are expressly prohibited from disclosing, publishing, reproducing, or transmitting any exam and any related information including, without limitation, questions, answers, worksheets, computations, drawings, diagrams, length or number of exam segments or questions, or any communication, including oral communication regarding or related to the exam (known collectively as “Proprietary Information”), in whole or in part, in any form or by any means, oral or written, electronic or mechanical, for any purpose, without the prior express written permission of Cisco.

:mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    iankf wrote:
    Hi,

What ways are there in the cisco CCNA of discovering and connecting to the network. I know of

Telnet (anytime i tried this in a exam to set router passwords the command was unavailable??)

look at this and wonder why you couldnt connect.... I mean if you cant Telent to a device there is a reason for it....

worked it out yet??
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
  • iankfiankf Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'll have to take more time in doing the sims next time, difficult little buggers
  • laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    the sims are the key, they show what you can do and show up where your weak....

or they can do against the clock....

I think outside the exam when you have a little more thinking time (and books of course) you can work the problems out a lot easier....

enjoy your studies.... its all good fun
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    nel wrote:
    MODERATED

If you want something to autodiscover your network cisco network assistant is pretty good. however they have to be cisco devices to be detected i think. There are also other packages out there which can do so too.

Oops, Sorry Mike.
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking