Exams to take for MCSA?

bisketbisket Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi Everyone,

What exams do i have to take to get my MCSA?? in the long term i'm looking at my MCSE but as i'm currently doing UNI i don't want to take to much on at the moment. how long would it take to finish an MCSA with 6 hours of study a week? any help is much appreciated.

Cheers

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    270/620, 290, 291, and an elective. You're probably going to be looking at a minimum of 2-3 months per exam at that pace.

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcsa/windows2003/default.mspx
  • bisketbisket Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks Dynamik!!

what do you think is a better choice as an elective, Exchange or SQL? i'm interested in both but it's more likely to stumble across and learn Exchange or your own rathan than SQL. whats more attractive for an employer?

dynamik wrote:
    270/620, 290, 291, and an elective. You're probably going to be looking at a minimum of 2-3 months per exam at that pace.

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcsa/windows2003/default.mspx
  • hannoshannos Member Posts: 29 ■■■□□□□□□□
    bisket wrote:

what do you think is a better choice as an elective, Exchange or SQL?

Whichever you enjoy the most in my opinion.
    bisket wrote:

whats more attractive for an employer?

Do it for yourself, not the employer. You don't want to get stuck learning technologies that don't interest you. There's plenty of work out there for DBAs or exchange gurus. There's no reason you can't do both if that's what you like doing, it'll just take a little longer.
  • bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    bisket wrote:
    Thanks Dynamik!!

what do you think is a better choice as an elective, Exchange or SQL? i'm interested in both but it's more likely to stumble across and learn Exchange or your own rathan than SQL. whats more attractive for an employer?

Either of those would be great and be worthy of learning. Do what interests you the most as that way you'll get stuck in and really want to master it, or do both of course. I'm more of a SQL man myself, I can barely send an email never mind setup and maintain a full on suite of Exchange servers :)
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln