PS2

photexphotex Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
Does anyone own a ps2 and what games do you have?
I myself own one and i've got over 200 games icon_lol.gif
The new need for speed (Undercover) is really sweet!

What are your fav games?

Comments

• nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Get a life and come into the new generation! icon_lol.gif only jkn.

Seriously though upgrade, its been a good generation for gaming imo. i love my 360.
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • photexphotex Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Nahhhh i'm not a fan of the xbox icon_confused.gif
    Hate the controllers icon_sad.gif
    I would like to upgrade to ps3 but it is still to expensive icon_eek.gif
    I've got a little girl to take care of, so no money for that icon_sad.gif
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    I just sold my PS2. I went all out a couple of months ago, and picked up an HD set and PS3. I was able to get an original 60gb version that plays PS2 games. There's nothing like games in HD, especially GT5 Prologue. It looks sick!

And also I got hosed by Gamestop. I brought in a PS2 w/ network adapter and cables, 1 wired controller, one wireless controller, and 3-4 PS2 games...they gave me $50 credit. They took the PS2, tested it and boxed it up to be sold for $70....talk about a mark up....Although, it's better than nothing, and I did get the new MK vs DCU game, which is pretty good.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
    photex wrote:
    Nahhhh i'm not a fan of the xbox icon_confused.gif
    Hate the controllers icon_sad.gif
    I would like to upgrade to ps3 but it is still to expensive icon_eek.gif
    I've got a little girl to take care of, so no money for that icon_sad.gif

Funny i was the same - PS fanboy. i loved the playstation etc etc. However when i seen the original price of the PS3 i nearly sh*t a brick! so i went for the cheaper 360 and seriously never looked back. infact i def made the right decision. Sony is riding on a wave and has done very little to backup the power of the ps3 imo. but i dont want to start another PS vs xbox thing :D

Seriously though i would def recommend the 360 to anyone.

• JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,078 Admin
    I use to play Leisure Suit Larry on an IBM PS/2 Model 80. Does that count? icon_lol.gif
  • jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    the 360 controllers aren't too hard to learn. You just have to put some time in.
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • KGhaleonKGhaleon Member Posts: 1,346 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I had a PS/2 with tons of games, but they got stolen recently. I returned to florida after working in california for a year...and a bunch of my stuff was missing. icon_sad.gif
    My memory cards and stuff...all gone.

Stealing my copy of Diablo 1/2, Planescape: Torment, and dragon quest 7 is crossing the line though.
    Present goals: MCAS, MCSA, 70-680
  • HeroPsychoHeroPsycho Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,940
    I just bought a wii. I don't console game, but my wife was interested in it, so it's a way to spend more time with her.
    Good luck to all!
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    HeroPsycho wrote:
    I just bought a wii. I don't console game, but my wife was interested in it, so it's a way to spend more time with her.

I would have sold you mine for dirt. I don't think I've touched it in 18 months. There might be some new VC games to look into though...
  • MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    dynamik wrote:
    HeroPsycho wrote:

I would have sold you mine for dirt. I don't think I've touched it in 18 months. There might be some new VC games to look into though...

I really like the Wii but I can totally understand if people haven't played it much. The good games coming out on it are VERY sparce and sometimes you don't like the 'good game'... So it makes it really tough. Plus the fact that prices for the games haven't moved in 3 years is ridiculous. They are crazy milking the popularity of the wii.
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
    Only game I bought full price is Mario Kart. I got Mario Galaxy for $38, Resident Evil 4 for $10, Lego Star Wars Complete Saga for $15. I've been surprised how inexpensive the games have been for a current gen console.
    Good luck to all!
  • AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    I just got a PS3 and so far its an amazing system. Although with the controllers I feel that the PS controller is much much harder to get use to then the 360 controller. The 360 controller just seems to fit better in my hand, with the PS controller it seems so tiny and that I have no place to rest my thumbs.
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender
    HeroPsycho wrote:
    Only game I bought full price is Mario Kart. I got Mario Galaxy for $38, Resident Evil 4 for $10, Lego Star Wars Complete Saga for $15. I've been surprised how inexpensive the games have been for a current gen console.

I've been wanting Mario Kart, Mario Party 8, and Super Smash Bros Brawl but they are still 50 dollars in stores and not even that much cheaper on ebay. Zelda was one of the first games that came out and it is still 50 dollars in stores.

You may learn something!
    Mishra wrote:
    HeroPsycho wrote:

I've been wanting Mario Kart, Mario Party 8, and Super Smash Bros Brawl but they are still 50 dollars in stores and not even that much cheaper on ebay. Zelda was one of the first games that came out and it is still 50 dollars in stores.

It truly is amazing that they are still charging full price of when the console was released. Especially considering that the hardware in the wii is actually less powerful then the orginal xbox....

-Bender
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I'm surprised so many of you dislike the 360 controller. I absolutely hate the PS controller (and I've been a PS gamer since the PS1 was released). It hasn't evolved in any significant way over the generations and doesn't seem ergonomic at all. It's hard to go back to after using something that's more comfortable (IMHO).

The Wii is making $6 per console while Sony and MS are still selling at a loss. It's still selling like crazy and is obliterating the other two; there's no incentive to lower the cost.
    dynamik wrote:
    I'm surprised so many of you dislike the 360 controller. I absolutely hate the PS controller (and I've been a PS gamer since the PS1 was released). It hasn't evolved in any significant way over the generations and doesn't seem ergonomic at all. It's hard to go back to after using something that's more comfortable (IMHO).

The Wii is making $6 per console while Sony and MS are still selling at a loss. It's still selling like crazy and is obliterating the other two; there's no incentive to lower the cost.

Maybe people with smaller hands find the PS controller to be more comfortable. To me it really feels like a tiny controller and its just impossible to hold during a FPS game and not get hand cramps....

Nintendo definitely did it right, from a financial perspective, make a low end system and gear more towards the masses. From the people I've talked to who love their wii most of them are not your typical gamers. As far as numbers go non-typical gamers > typical gamers, which in turn goes for higher sales.

The biggest problem I have with this is that the video game industry is about making money, not about losing money. This is going to force the other consoles to cater to the masses and leave their loyal fans behind. There are already rumors floating around about Sony making the next playstation with similar or less hardware then the PS3 in an attempt to follow suit with Nintendo....

Looks like I might be dumping console gaming in favor of computer gaming... it least there'll always be hi-end games on the PC.

-Bender
  • Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    JDMurray wrote:
    I use to play Leisure Suit Larry on an IBM PS/2 Model 80. Does that count? icon_lol.gif

Only if you ran it under OS/2 or PC-DOS.
    -Daniel
    photex wrote:
    Does anyone own a ps2 and what games do you have?
    I myself own one and i've got over 200 games icon_lol.gif
    The new need for speed (Undercover) is really sweet!

What are your fav games?

To get back on topic...

I enjoyed most of the role playing games on ps2. Like Breath of Fire 3-4. I have grand theft auto and a bunch of others. Burnout was awesome. PS2 was a great console. One of the best.

You may learn something!
    Mishra wrote:
    HeroPsycho wrote:

I neglected to mention I got the Shaun White Snowboarding for $30, too. I do love me some Black Friday deals.

FYI, Wii games and accessories will be the focus of all day Gold Box deals tomorrow on amazon.com. For those of you who are Wii owners, DEFINITELY check Amazon out. Virtually everything I bought for my new Wii purchase came from there.

Deals I got from them:

Star Wars Legos $15
    Mario Galaxy $38
    Numchuck Controller $18
    Classic Controller $18
    Nyko Lan Adapter $4
    Nyko Gun $8
    Shaun White Snowboarding $30
    Official Nintendo Steering Wheel $10
    Resident Evil 4 $10

All were shipped free and no sales tax. Some of these were sales, but some are their normal prices. Delicious!
    Good luck to all!
    dynamik wrote:

Maybe sony see it as "if its not broke dont fix it". i though the PS joypad was great until i tried the new 360 joypad - now that is an art itself. I would go as far as saying its probably the best gaming pad yet for any console. YES YOU HEARD IT :D

i dont know what it is about the wii but for me its nothing but a novelty - yes its great for a few hours of family fun or when your mates are round having some beers but overall for a console / gaming its poor imo. but if they have intended it for families etc from the start then they have done well considering the last decade for nintendo.

I hope MS turn the xbox into integrated media system, add a HD drive, make it quiet, keep the great range of games coming, improve hardware and they will slowly become a even better platform. Watch out sony! your time is up! booya!

nel wrote:
    I hope MS turn the xbox into integrated media system, add a HD drive, make it quiet, keep the great range of games coming, improve hardware and they will slowly become a even better platform. Watch out sony! your time is up! booya!

XBox360 is already a media extender for Windows Media Center and can be purchased with a hard drive. However, it is anything but quiet.
    Good luck to all!
    HeroPsycho wrote:

XBox360 is already a media extender for Windows Media Center and can be purchased with a hard drive. However, it is anything but quiet.

Yeah but lets face it - how many average users would actually have the hardware or do this. i for one would rather have it integrated into one box then use "media server" and have to stream it to my xbox. kind of defeats the purpose for me. im talking about a real integrated MC - similar to what XBMC for xbox 1 was like. Yeah my xbox screams like a pig. The noise is ridiculous - i wonder if they ever noticed that when they were testing it? :D

btw, when i said HD drive i meant hi def.

If you're running Vista Home Premium or Ultimate on your PC, you can already take advantage of it.
    Good luck to all!
    HeroPsycho wrote:
    If you're running Vista Home Premium or Ultimate on your PC, you can already take advantage of it.

Yeah but my whole point is that its not a true media centre. i know it gives it away in the "extender" part but i would like a fully fledged entertainment unit instead of fannying about from a central server/pc

The extender/central hub model IMO is very cool. I have an MCE machine on my Home Theater, and an extender up in my bedroom. Now I don't even need to wire my TV into a cable jack. I can watch/pause/record live TV, watch recorded content on my MCE machine within my bedroom just as I do downstairs. It's good times.
    Good luck to all!
  • rfult001rfult001 Member Posts: 407
    Daniel333 wrote:
    JDMurray wrote:

Only if you ran it under OS/2 or PC-DOS.

Dating yourselves, eh?

I have 3 PS2's: one running the linux kit, one modded, and one as a backup collecting dust.

Otherwise, still rocking my NES. icon_cool.gif