Options

Network+ passing score?

Kerry_20Kerry_20 Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
I was browsing the net and found where some web site said that CompTIA had just changed there passing score from 69% to 82%. Is this true? Do you have to make beter than 82% to pass the test?

--Kerry

Comments

• Options
    The CompTIA Network+ exam is graded on a scale of 100 - 900. 646 is the minimum passing score.

I found the answer on Comptia's website. :D
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
  • Options
    How many can you miss out of the 72 and still pass? Also is the test numbered as you are taking it?

--Kerry :D
  • Options
    Anybody out there know????????
  • Options
    TransatlanticTransatlantic Member Posts: 120
    It's difficult to tell as the questions are individually weighted according to difficulty, also Comptia may include non scored questions which they are testing for inclusion in new exam versions. As a rough guide you should look to score 85% - 90% on practice exams consistently and you should do fine in the real thing.
    "Mistakes have been made, others will be blamed."
  • Options
    Don_PADon_PA Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I got a 820 Pass score today June 30, 2004. I only took about 32 minutes for a 90 minute test to click all 72 questions and a final review. Comptia say they scale the test between 100 and 900. I wonder if you get a 900 then it would be equivalent to a 100 or 1000 in MS and Cisco exams. My head is thinking that a 646 is equivalent to a 65% pass from the total questions.; and 65% of 72 is about minimum 47 questions need to pass and 25 wrong. Or 646 is a equivalent to a 75% correct of 72 which is 54 correct and 18 wrong to pass.

I took the A Plus exam last week even though I already have one tested back in 1998. I lost my card but still have the certificate. My score was 580 for the OS 2003 (pass 505) and 622 for the hardware (pass 515) . A plus exam may look to have low passing rate but then again there was 80 questions each. Now I am waiting for my certificates and ID card.

If anyone else know how the Comptia scoring works please post. You may be right if some questions with multiple answers weigh more points than say single answer questions. Now off to IT project plus and Security Plus icon_eek.gif :P :)
    CCNA CCDA CWSP CWAP CCA HP Laser Printers MCTS MCSE 2003 JNCIA JNCIS