Options

how to practice for sim questions??

joeprakijoepraki Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
hi evry1

i am new to this forum..i am currently preparing for my CCENT exam..i would like to get some practice on sim questions..also would like to get some hands on experience using simulators..can some1 plz help me with this..is ther any site frm whch v can download and work on??

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    The only free "sim" I know of is Dynamips. A quick google search should net you everything you need to know about downloading and setting it all up. You will need access to an IOS image though.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    The best and most realistic way to practice for SIM questions would be to get on real hardware (home lab, school lab, or work lab) as you study and do the tasks "hands-on."

When you've learned the material and practiced the tasks on real hardware (or a Simulator like Boson) then the SIMs on the exam are trivial.

You can check out Cisco's Certification Exam Tutorial to get an idea what the exam question types look like. Click on the "Try Me" while looking at the SIM question and it will let you open up the command window. At that point it's supposed to work just like a real router or switch (but without the equipment fan noise).

The ICND1 Exam Blueprint has a list of topics you need to know, and the ones that mention configure, implement, perform, etc, sound like prime candidates for SIM type questions.

* Perform, save and verify initial switch configuration tasks including remote access management
    * Verify network status and switch operation using basic utilities (including: ping, traceroute,telnet,SSH,arp, ipconfig), SHOW & DEBUG commands
    * Implement and verify basic security for a switch (port security, deactivate ports)
    * Identify, prescribe, and resolve common switched network media issues, configuration issues, autonegotiation, and switch hardware failures
    * Create and apply an addressing scheme to a network Assign and verify valid IP addresses to hosts, servers, and networking devices in a LAN environment
    * Enable NAT for a small network with a single ISP and connection using SDM and verify operation using CLI and ping
    * Configure, verify and troubleshoot DHCP and DNS operation on a router.(including: CLI/SDM)
    * Implement static and dynamic addressing services for hosts in a LAN environment
    * Identify and correct IP addressing issues
    * Select the appropriate media, cables, ports, and connectors to connect routers to other network devices and hosts
    * Configure, verify, and troubleshoot RIPv2
    * Access and utilize the router CLI to set basic parameters
    * Connect, configure, and verify operation status of a device interface
    * Verify device configuration and network connectivity using ping, traceroute, telnet, SSH or other utilities
    * Perform and verify routing configuration tasks for a static or default route given specific routing requirements
    * Manage IOS configuration files (including: save, edit, upgrade, restore)
    * Manage Cisco IOS
    * Implement password and physical security
    * Verify network status and router operation using basic utilities (including: ping, traceroute,telnet,SSH,arp, ipconfig), SHOW & DEBUG commands
    * Configure and verify a basic WAN serial connection
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    joeprakijoepraki Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thank u v much for tht info..i shall try my best to work with those..can anyone provide me the links for train signal videos??