Options

Finally, The Rock has passed his CCNA

dwtherockdwtherock Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
WOW, all I can say is WOW. Amazing how a year goes by and well, I have finally received my PASS for the CCNA exam 640-802

836/1000 maybe I should have gone slower I had plenty of time at the end. A pass is a pass and I am so grateful for it.

Thanks to Cisco Press, Chris Bryant's Ultimate Study Guide, and various tools in between.

Now I am going to take a break. Pick it up next year in 2009 for the CCNP and another BS degree in Comp Sci since St of CT doesn't value Certifications for experience.

Comments

• Options
    dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Well done!
    The only easy day was yesterday!
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif

I can't decide if taking the single 640-802 CCNA exam in the modern CCENT/CCNA era is "retro" or "old school" icon_lol.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congrats!

Best wishes for the CCNP work!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    JavonRJavonR Member Posts: 245
    Good job on the pass, and good luck for your future studies.
  • Options
    miller811miller811 Member Posts: 897
    Congrats
    I don't claim to be an expert, but I sure would like to become one someday.

Quest for 11K pages read in 2011
    Page Count total to date - 1283
  • Options
    leo131leo131 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Ccongrats! You have done a good job. Go ahead!
  • Options
    Thanks everyone, really feels good. Shouting off the roof top even when its 23 degrees out.

Question: Next certification should be ?? ?? CCNP ? CCNA Security ??

Option 1) CCNA Secuirty --> CCNP BCMSN

Option 2) BCMSN --> CCNA Security

Option 3) Take 2nd B.S. deg. in Comp Sci classes & CCNA Security (CCNA Sec adv by C Bryant)

Some place don't count certificates for experience but I know the certificate will get me the experience. :)
  • Options
    mamonomamono Member Posts: 776 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    drew2000drew2000 Member Posts: 290
  • Options
    jetfanjetfan Member Posts: 112 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats on the CCNA man!!!!
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Combine Option 3 and Option 1

Take 2nd B.S. deg. in Comp Sci classes & CCNA Security (CCNA Sec adv by C Bryant) --> CCNP BCMSN

Always go for the advanced education if you can.

The most important thing about certifications is the knowledge and skills you acquire while studying for them. But it is also nice have those extra keywords on your resume to help get it pulled from the stack (database).
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    If you're going to do formal education, the sooner you do it, the better. It gets more and more difficult to fit into your schedule as time goes on. I had two years of college done by the time I graduated from high school, and seven years later, I'm still two classes away from a degree. I wish I would have had an opportunity to just hammer the rest of it out, but such is life. Certs can be obtained via self-study and are much more flexible and manageable when you have other responsibilities.

Oh, and congrats on the pass icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    mklaromklaro Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats man, I too am thinking about going for my CCNP. Although I most likely won't start it within the next 6 months
  • Options
    Mikej412 and Dynamik I will do that. Thanks for the kick in the pants. I believe that the degree #2 will help.

Dynamik - I agree on time. It took me 5 yrs to do 2 and then two years to do 2 for my BS in Bus. No kids yet so I guess I better hammer down.

Maybe I will do simultaneously......two classes and the CCNA Security (leisure reading). I am not sure how much it is to chew on the CCNA Sec. I haven't even read up on it. I figure its ratcheting down sec from the CCNA knowledge base.

Hey, when I cam back to work today.....I had a pile of 3750s to be configured!

Christmas came early. Speaking of which, I poor boy, am finally going to buy my first laptop as a reward also to work off hours with my new Cert!

You guys are da best!! Thanks