Options

few days to go....wish me luck! - UPDATED: Passed

hoomi_mcsehoomi_mcse Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
This is my first post in this great forum! I found here last week and I've spent lots of time reading tech notes which were great and taking practice tests. I'm gonna take 70-270 on tuesday morning. I'll be happy to get your advice before my exam. I've stuided MS press 70-270 book twice and many practice tests.
wish me luck ppl! :D
I want to know more about the format of exam. thank you

Comments

• Options
    skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    My advice would be to not overdo it with the practice test. If you do the same ones over & over, you end up memorizing the questions instead of actually testing your knowledge...if you find yourself whizzing through questions & answers without fully reading them, then it's time to put the practice exams away.

Go through the objectives for the exam and make some index cards or notes on things you're not sure of, and go "play" with XP to make sure you're as familiar with the different tools/utilities/etc. as possible.

And most important of all...get a good night's sleep, eat some breakfast (or lunch or whatever meal is time appropriate for your exam), and just do the best you can.

Good luck!
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • Options
    thank for your advice skrpune. yeah I agree with you about practice tests only first time and 2nd time are useful after that I know all answers. do you know where can I get more exams like the one in forum? I mean a free 50 questions exam which give me grade at the end?
    I've been working with xp for many years, I also have studied Server 2003, Net Infra Structure 1 and 2 and Active directory courses. so I think it's good tiem for me to take the exam. it's my first mcp exam though .
  • Options
    skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    You can try ProProfs - the site seems to be down this morning, but when it comes back up, you can check out the MS subforum and see if there's an exam for 270. There's also a QuizSchool section, where other members create & upload quizzes to share with others.

I haven't studied/sat for the 270, so I can't speak from personal experience as to good practice exams for it...but you might also want to try mcmcse.com - they offer a practice exam for 270 with 101 questions, and they're listed as "safe" by CertGuard. They've got a bunch of other practice exams on other topics as well, so you might want to bookmark them for future exams too...
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • Options
    thank alot skrpune. prprpfs is down but the other oen worked. but I just have to register there.
    by the way my exam has been postponed to next week! I'm not happy though I was ready for it! but I have more time to do these tests .
  • Options
    I have another question . I found it in a site :
    About the Microsoft 70-270 Exam

Microsoft offers little or no information about the format, time required, and minimum passing score. At the time of writing, there are no reports of adaptive testing or simulations in this exam, but this can change without notice. The most common exam types are described as follows:

* On a standard-format exam, you can expect between 50 and 60 questions in about 90 minutes. The exam is computer based with multiple-choice questions (both single and multiple answer). You are given the result, either pass or fail, immediately upon completion. Passing marks and scores are not revealed.
    * On an adaptive test, you begin by answering a question about a particular topic. If your answer is correct, you are given a more difficult question on the same topic. When the program judges that you either do or do not know a topic, it goes on to another topic. The advantage of adaptive tests is that you can pass the exam in 20 questions; conversely, you can fail it in just as few. If the exam is in standard format, you can go back and amend previous questions; in adaptive format you cannot.
    * Simulation-based exams present dialog boxes on the screen, and you are asked to perform a task as if you were sitting in front of a Windows XP Professional computer. If you are presented with such questions, perform only the task specified and nothing else

is it right? it depends on what? it's random? I mean my exam can be standard-format,adaptive test or sumulation-based? adaptive one seems not fair really!
  • Options
    amp2030amp2030 Member Posts: 253
    Good luck mate!
  • Options
  • Options
    Big JizayBig Jizay Member Posts: 269
    Good luck on the test! Come back and share your experience with us! :)
    The only thing that can stop you is you

Currently studying for 70-293
  • Options
    undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    skrpune wrote:
    .but you might also want to try mcmcse.com - they offer a practice exam for 270 with 101 questions, and they're listed as "safe" by CertGuard. They've got a bunch of other practice exams on other topics as well, so you might want to bookmark them for future exams too...

I used mcmcse for their practice exams as well and they have a number of good questions for making sure you know the material. But you need to stay on your toes with their questions and double check anything that doesn't quite seem right as I ran across a number of errors in their questions and/or answers. free-tests.com is another site that is pretty good for quizzing you on the material.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • Options
    thank big jizay :)

Yeah I also found some mcmcse.com answers not right, for instance one of the answers was you can reset a password of a user as an administrator then log on as that user and decrypt his files!! it's 100% wrong coz when you reset a user password his encruption files are lost and only way to recover is using password recovery disks.
    and thank undomeil for new website :)
    I hope I pass this exam and carry on to 70-290 after that. I could study for MCITP instead but my aim is to get MCSE and MCITP both. I know it's difficult but I'll do my best
  • Options
    Wow, I still can't believe it!! I'm so proud of myself! I passed it for the first time with great score - 986. I couldn't believe my eye . I'm so happy now, I'd spent almost 3 month studying hard for the exam and right know I can't explain my feeling. the good thing for me was I decided to take 70-270 exam after I studied 70-270,70-290,90-291,70-292, 70-294 courses in an IT institute. it was a tough exam really with question from all courses. many RIS, TCP/IP, DNS,IIS question that was so hard. I had 56 questions with time of 2:30 hour and finished my exam in 2 hours. I didn't expect 986 really!! I did a great job indeed.
    last night was so bad for me I couldn't sleep. I slept only few hours and my exam was at 9. I'm happy that it didn't effect my resutl.

thank all of you guys of this great forum for useful technotes and tests and for giving me courage.

now after some rest ,maybe 1 month, I'll startd studying for 70-290
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Nice job and congratulations! icon_cool.gif
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    Big JizayBig Jizay Member Posts: 269
    Congratulations!!! What an awesome score! :D
    The only thing that can stop you is you

Currently studying for 70-293
  • Options