Just checking in...

drew2000drew2000 Member Posts: 290
My studies have pretty much ground to a halt since my baby was born (now 7 months old). It's been very hard to find time to do ANYTHING fun (and I consider certs FUN).

I'm glad I got my Sec+ just DAYS before the baby was born, I rushed it because I knew all hell would break loose!

Just thought I would check in and see what's going on!

Drew

Comments

• mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Hum.... 7 months.... let's see.

There's the CCNA:Security, CCNA:Voice, and CCNA:Wireless -- with the CCNA as the prerequisite.

And the CCNA:Security will become a prerequisite for the CCSP (which has more new exams).

And the CCNA:Voice will become a prerequsite for the CCVP (which now has 2 tracks, one for the 4.x CallManager and one for the 6.x Unified Communications Manager).

And on the high end, there's a new Cisco Expert Level Design Certification -- the CCDE. Oh -- and a new CCIE Wireless is in the works.

All-in-all, same old - same old in the Cisco World -- never a dull moment.

If you've caught up on your sleep sleeping.gif maybe it's time to get back to the books icon_study.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    Congratulations on the baby. It might not seem fun at the moment with all the crying, puking and pooping but they're only young once so spend time with them and enjoy it while you still can. If nothing else, you can study during those sleepless nights :D
  • drew2000drew2000 Member Posts: 290
    Thanks for the info!

Yeah the baby is a lot of fun. :D The only problem is that I used to have 3-4 hours a night as "spare time," great for studying. Now I have about 1 hour and I'm pretty worn out by the time that hour rolls around. icon_confused.gif

I'm hoping to get a solid study plan figured out at some point, but I wanted to drop in anyhow!

Drew
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    drew2000 wrote:
    Yeah the baby is a lot of fun. :D
    You could start working on some bed time stories now. Snow White and the 7 OSI layers and Goldilocks and the 3 way TCP/IP handshade are two "stories" that jump to mind icon_lol.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • phantasmphantasm Member Posts: 995
    Congrats on the baby!!

My son is 17 months old. He didn't sleep through the night until he was a year old. Everything was on hold for that year. I know what you're going through.
    "No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man." -Heraclitus