Yip, Yip, Yippie

Past with a 980 (well chuffed), thanks to you all for your forum answers and the 70-290 guides from this website.

:D

Comments

• gravyjoegravyjoe Member Posts: 260
    ndeller wrote:
    Past with a 980 (well chuffed), thanks to you all for your forum answers and the 70-290 guides from this website.

:D

WOW! What a score! I hope I get a score like that on the 70-291! Congratulations :D
    The biggest risk in life is not taking one.
  • surfthegeckosurfthegecko Member Posts: 149
    Northbr1dge,
    I used the following resources/methods which I found to be really effective:

1. Read a book or at least use it to reference when you are unsure of a topic.
    2. Create a test environment to practice on
    3. Read the quick guide pdf files for the 70-290 exam from this website (very clear and concise info, without the usual MS waffle).
    4. Ask as any questions on this forum (as people are very quick with good responses).
    5. Take practice tests to get you in that exam frame of mind.

I also made a note of things i found very handy to remember in a quick reference xls
    eg Server Mode Setup
    Windows 2000 Mixed - Doesnt allow group nesting - Doesnt allow Universal groups - NT4,2K,2K3
    Windows 2000 Native - Allows group nesting - Allows Universal - 2K,2K3
    Windows 2000 Intermi - Doesnt allow group nesting - Doesnt allow Universal groups - NT4,2K3
    Windows 2003 - Allows group nesting - Allows Universal - 2K3

Just handy quick reference notes that jog your memory. Add enough so its handy for that on going reference guide and as a last minute study aid, but not so much too it that it becomes impracticle - Let common sense be your guide on this one.

Some of the other things I noted were backup types, different log file names and locations for various apps eg.IIS/SUS, Ports etc

Anyway I will stop waffling.
    Hope this helps, I know it works for me so I will be implementing this strategy when I take on 'The Pussycat' AKA 'The Beast' (dont wanna make it any scarier than I have heard it is :) )

Thanks GravyJoe, I hope I can continue in the same mannar for the 291 as well.
    Good luck to you, im sure we will be seeing more posts from each other as we begin our mission to slay the beast.