Not a Cert but....

michaelkahlmichaelkahl Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
Tonight I passed my Cisco 3 final with an 88% and got a 100% on my skills based. I'm a happy camper and feel ready to continue studying for my CCNA. My final score wasn't the best, but good enough to allow to keep my A. So while others enjoy their break, I'll be studying for my CCNA.
Working on....
Comptia Security+

Comments

• gojericho0gojericho0 Member Posts: 1,059 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good Luck man! almost there
  • Met44Met44 Member Posts: 194
    That's a good way to get yourself ahead. 88% is pretty good if you are taking the tests provided by the online NetAcad curriculum.
  • jbaellojbaello Member Posts: 1,191 ■■■□□□□□□□
    What did you use for this?
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I passed my Cisco 3 final
    Congratulations! icon_santa.gif

This was the "old" Semester 3, right? If you're doing the old version, have you checked with your Cisco Network Academy about doing the old 640-801 exam? I know Academy students get extra time to do the old 801 exam, but I'm not sure what the final date is (or if there is one). I remember hearing about at least through December, but I can't remember if it was 2008 or 2009 -- and it sounded like that date wasn't chiseled in stone when I heard it mentioned last year.

Good Luck studying for the Exam! icon_study.gif

icon_rendeer.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • *StarFire*StarFire Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    All the best :)
    Distractions all along the way.....perhaps will end up breaking everything
  • michaelkahlmichaelkahl Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    mikej412 wrote:
    I passed my Cisco 3 final
    Congratulations! icon_santa.gif

This was the "old" Semester 3, right? If you're doing the old version, have you checked with your Cisco Network Academy about doing the old 640-801 exam? I know Academy students get extra time to do the old 801 exam, but I'm not sure what the final date is (or if there is one). I remember hearing about at least through December, but I can't remember if it was 2008 or 2009 -- and it sounded like that date wasn't chiseled in stone when I heard it mentioned last year.

Good Luck studying for the Exam! icon_study.gif

icon_rendeer.gif
    Sorry it took me so long to respond. I was in Power Point Hell today listening to Cisco, Foundry, and HP tell my why we should buy their network equipment. I drove 2 hours to the meeting, and because of winter weather it took me 3 1/2 hours to get home. Then 30 miles out I get a call from work. At 6pm the network was suffering a Broadcast Strom and they couldn't figure out where it was coming from. So instead of going home I got to stop by work....I walked in the door just as they found the device broadcasting out.
    Anyway, to answer questions yes this is the old curriculum and I was taking the test from Cisco's Netacademy.
    I did make sure I got the 640-801 exam. I spent an hour on the phone explaining my situation to the Pearson Vue rep. After an extensive discussion and providing proof of my enrollment in the old curriculum she sold me the voucher. I heard July 2009 was the cut-off for Netacad students.
    I'm testing on Jan 9th so my Christmas break will be filled with home labs, studying. At work I get to setup a new VLAN & addressing scheme...in adition to organizing our switches according to the layered model that is taught by Cisco.
    Access->Distribution->Core
    We just got a 4507 in a couple weeks ago. I have the VLANs and VTP setup, we just need to prep our IDF's and cut-over. Unfortunately we have HP's at the access layer so I have to configure those for the VLANs. Basically I'll configure one, back up the config and re-distribute it in each closet.
    Working on....
    Comptia Security+