Options

I Passed Hoo Ray

TheBaronTheBaron Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
So I took the 70-620 today and passed with a 957. All in all, this was an easy exam. I was surprised. Of course the last exam I took was the CCNA. Go figure my surprise. Anyhow, I studied using the MSPress 70-620 book Configuring Vista and the included practice exams. When I had read that others passed using just that book I thought, nah, it couldn't be that easy but it was.

I've used Vista for about 1 year now on and off between Ubuntu. I'd say if you go through the book and do and know the exercises and are passing the practice tests in the 90s you can kill this test too...

Man, am I glad that this is over though, cause studying for it was sooooo boring. Now its on to Windows Sharepoint Services... HA HA something actually interesting.

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I could see this being a nice change of pace after the CCNA! Congratulations icon_thumright.gif

Do you manage Sharepoint where you're at? That's an atypical next step.

Good luck with your future studies and welcome to the forums! :D
  • Options
    jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats! I was thinking of taking this after the CCNP.
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • Options
    7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats icon_cool.gif
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • Options
    TheBaronTheBaron Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yeah, over the past couple years I've become the ad hoc sharepoint administrator at my company. I recently migrated our server from 2.0 to 3.0 and found it to be easy and fun, so I figured I might as well get certified at it. My overall goal is to become an MCSA, maybe an MCITP. So, I'm using the Vista as my client since it was much easier than the XP exam, and sharepoint can be my elective.

Besides, sharepoint admins are becoming a sort of hot spot in the job market lately I hear. Maybe I can get out the daily IT grunt work and into something less stressful and more creative. :P
  • Options
    kmfinegan1kmfinegan1 Member Posts: 27 ■■■□□□□□□□
    TheBaron wrote:
    Besides, sharepoint admins are becoming a sort of hot spot in the job market lately I hear. Maybe I can get out the daily IT grunt work and into something less stressful and more creative. :P

**giggles**

Haven't dealt with it first hand **yet** (somehow I have the feeling it will just **fall** into my lap in the near future) but from the nightmare stories I have heard about the server sprawl just reminds me of the crazy admin on the IBM consolidation commercials. "You're making the servers angry!"
    In Progress 70-431
  • Options
    kmfinegan1kmfinegan1 Member Posts: 27 ■■■□□□□□□□