MCSE cert. necessary

ffazeffaze Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
Am currently offering Associate-Degree in Information Technology , but am confused either adding MCSE or CCNA and will it be necessary adding any of the certification programms.

Whats the future for MCSE + AS information Technology and the future for CCNA+ information Technology

Comments

• bashtiebashtie Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Whats the future for MCSE + AS information Technology and the future for CCNA+ information Technology

depends on what you want to do in future ...

if you want to be an system admin in a microsoft environment MCSE would match

if you want to be an Networkengineer in a cisco environment CCNA would match
  • jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    get both! icon_cool.gif
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • empc4000xlempc4000xl Member Posts: 322
    get both! icon_cool.gif

and I approve this message. I took some of the MS classes, but i wish I finished it. It would be great to have both, especially when the economy is rough
    empc4000xl wrote:
    get both! icon_cool.gif

and I approve this message. I took some of the MS classes, but i wish I finished it. It would be great to have both, especially when the economy is rough

its never too late!
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
    empc4000xl wrote:
    get both! icon_cool.gif

its never too late!

I have a CCVP and CCNP to knock out. I may take the MCSE inbetween the 2 to break it up
    empc4000xl wrote:
    empc4000xl wrote:
    get both! icon_cool.gif

its never too late!

I have a CCVP and CCNP to knock out. I may take the MCSE inbetween the 2 to break it up

oh okay. CCVP?? very nice.
  • Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Any career in IT is going to require constant study, it will never stop. No employer in IT I have ever worked for fully trains.

Keep up or get replaced.

Even those that do "train" do so on their private systems which in no way help your resume if you should loose your job.

Certification programs are just the programs made by the companies/vendors to help you in that learning. In those respects, they are an absolute MUST for anyone working with that technology.

Now, do you need to spend $1000 on esoteric tests for your MCSE? Certainly not, if you run the labs and read the books you'll do just fine.

But having the certification can make or break a deal if you are up against a equally qualified candidate. Or demonstrate "personal drive" to an employer.

Ideally, you shouldn't set your sites on anything less than a Microsoft Certified Master in Windows technology, Red Hat Certified Engineer and your Cisco Certified Engineering certifications. It may take 5+ years and seem daunting, but that is the nature of the IT beast. Study study...
    -Daniel
  • KasorKasor Member Posts: 933 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Get a job first... MCSE is not necessary. Remember certification is to enhance your technical skill.
    Kill All Suffer T "o" ReBorn
    empc4000xl wrote:
    empc4000xl wrote:
    get both! icon_cool.gif

its never too late!

oh okay. CCVP?? very nice.

Only because I'm working VOIP. My day revolves around voip. It makes the studying easier.