Needed: CCIE for dinner and coffee (Houston)

impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
I found this in craigslist in Houston

http://houston.craigslist.org/cpg/959616070.html

What do you think, jajajajajajajaja. I do not know if any CCIE will accept this, this is the first time that I find this kind of ad.

OK, this is probably going to be one of the weirdest posts that you'll ever read. I'm a network engineer for a business downtown (I prefer to remain anonymous, as should you) and I have some issues with ISIS and OSPF that relate to a design problem I am encountering.

I hold a CCNA and a CCNP, however, my working knowledge of OSPF and ISIS in this situation is very shallow. Over the past several months, I have engineered (and reengineered) a network that has been constantly evolving on a weekly basis. It started out as a flat topology with switches and trunks, two VLANs, and a single, Quagga-based Linux box doing bullshit OSPF between the two VLANs and a static route to the outside world.

Enter virtualization, a SAN, multiple VLAN requirements, T-1 connections, a dial gateway, two VPN ( SSL and 3DES both ), two inverse proxy servers, a pair of WLNB load balancing setups, and it just goes on, ad infinitum, ad nauseam.

So, here's the chase. Let's grab dinner, and discuss the merits of why I think what my EVENTUAL plan will be the best, given the far-flung requirements my boss has asked me to design for, at which point somewhere before the dessert tray comes around, I will produce carefully redacted documentation (preserving anonymity, as I said) to which I will glady notate your suggestions, and tips to achieve what I need to make this three-ring circus work, while you may share anecdotes, information, and other tidbits of design know-how.

I will pick up the check, and a moderate bar tab (I am a three-drink maximum kind of guy, by the way), to get this situation moving. I appreciate professional courtesy, and I hope I have not offended anyone. In fact, I hope you laugh, but more so, I hope you'll email me and accept my offer. This is driving me insane.

Must be willing to meet downtown, preferably shortly after 5 to 6 PM. This is an ideal "gig" for a downtown-working IE to share some knowledge and get free dinner in the process. I am also willing to schedule lunch engagements, and would prefer individuals open to a weekly consultation.
Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

Comments

• mamonomamono Member Posts: 776 ■■□□□□□□□□
    That's an interesting way to call for help... icon_idea.gif
  • malcyboodmalcybood Member Posts: 900 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm sure the CCIE's of Houston will be falling over each other to take advantage of that deal! icon_lol.gif
  • dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Too bad it's a 3 drink maximum, I do my best work after 5-6 drinks.
    The only easy day was yesterday!
  • techEDtechED Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
    dude needs a 20k job done for a $20 dinner :P
  • empc4000xlempc4000xl Member Posts: 322
    He is playing it smart. He has some knolowdge, but not enough to get the job done and he's doing what he has to, to avoid exposure. He may not need a CCIE, he needs a a guy experienced in design, which he is lacking. He also needs to set aside more than a hour of time.
  • jbaellojbaello Member Posts: 1,191 ■■■□□□□□□□
    He's doing his thang lol...
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Hum, could be worth it for dinner AND a movie icon_lol.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    I stand by my policy of no OSPF on the first date.

And you'll have to pour a hell of a lot more than three drinks into me before I discuss work on this level with someone who 'prefers to stay anonymous' and trolls Craigslist. I'm not sure what he's expecting for these 'weekly encounters', but I'm pretty sure I have an ACL that doesn't allow that type of access to any of my ports.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    thats original icon_lol.gif
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    ............icon_eek.gif
    E|Will CCIE For Food|3
    .............|
    ............/\
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Darn, you guys already posted all the humorous replies. icon_lol.gif
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • GT-RobGT-Rob Member Posts: 1,090
    meh, I would do it if I got a decent meal out of it. I don't know how much could really get done in that time frame, but thats his problem lol