Options

Sending data failed, will try later

BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
This morning we have been unable to scan from our Ricoh 2035e directly to a folder on one of the local PCs. We get an error saying sending data has failed, will try later.

I changed the location of the folder to another machine (mine) and am able to scan to it with no problems.

Both machines are running XP SP3. Permissions are identical for the folder, it is shared, etc. This just for some reason decided it didn't want to work the way we had it set up.

I did try it on yet another machine, and can scan to that one with no issues either. Any ideas on what to look for on the troublesome machine?

Comments

• Options
    cdad2000cdad2000 Member Posts: 323
  • Options
    gojericho0gojericho0 Member Posts: 1,059 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Can you access that same folder that did not work on another PC in the network? Are both the Share and NTFS permissions identical?
  • Options
    All shares and permissions are identical. We have rebooted the problem machine as well, still no go. Boss is saying just rebuild one of the spare machines and put it in place, but I would like to know what caused this one to quit first.
  • Options
    dalesdales Member Posts: 225
    What about the network protocols, none of them have been accidentally deleted on the client have they?
    Kind Regards
    Dale Scriven

Twitter:dscriven
    Blog: vhorizon.co.uk
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,034 Admin
    Have any patches or application updates been applied to the computer very recently? Can you rollback the computer to an older restore point?
  • Options
    Nothing has been added to this computer in over a month. Im about ready to chuck it and rebuild one of the spares in its place. All the necessary protocals are still in place.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    gojericho0 wrote:
    Can you access that same folder that did not work on another PC in the network?

That'd be the first thing I'd try.