Options

SIP to pstn service

e24ohme24ohm Member Posts: 151
Forum,
I am looking fora provider that will take my local sip Asterisk server / topology to pstn via broadband connection. I want to get ride of my pstn lines coming into my location.

currently my configuration has 4 pstn lines coming in, but i want to migrate off of this if possible. I hope the service will have like unlimted long Distance service or really cheap long distance.

Does anyone know of a good service? I hope you can follow, i have only been playing with Asterisk for only 2 months now, with only 2 phones, with (1) pstn line. I purshed the equipment, but have not found the time to implement it yet, but i want to change the route i want to take, and go with a true voip service if possible.

thank you,
E
Utini!

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Is this for home or enterprise use?

If it is business class you can pretty much call any large ISP that provides VoIP. You will have to go through implementation testing and verification if you plan to use your own equipment with a SIP trunk. They most likely will not drop you a SIP trunk without you having a design they certify.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    e24ohme24ohm Member Posts: 151
    Is this for home or enterprise use?

If it is business class you can pretty much call any large ISP that provides VoIP. You will have to go through implementation testing and verification if you plan to use your own equipment with a SIP trunk. They most likely will not drop you a SIP trunk without you having a design they certify.
    this is for busines class. Thank you for your insight, but do you know best practices so i can start working on a topology which will give me a semi-percentage that will be certified by the ISP?

At this point i am only test, learning in a test enviornment, but hope to deploy to my business of 30 members.

thank you again for you help
    Utini!
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Your best bet would be to call some service providers in your area to get some information. They will all probably have different best practices and procedures. They could provide you with some documentation and at least let you know if they support your set up.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.