Options

Test controller on laptop motherboard? How?

itprojohnnyking2007grditprojohnnyking2007grd Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have a laptop that the hard drive failed on according to our diagnostics software that we have “pc check” failed the hard drive. The customer was having issues with the mouse being slow and not very responsive. So I took a backup and replaced the hard drive now it cannot install windows when I format the drive it says that it cannot run installation due to hard drive may be bad so I removed the hard drive installed another hard drive same thing. I took the hard drive formatted it on my laptop reattempted to install failed. Well okay so I won’t be able to get the pc running but I want to know what is wrong.

FYI: Everything passed on the computer but hard drive. I have ran mem check and it passed memory so what could it icon_confused.gif:
Any ideas are appreciated and thank you.
Working on MCDST

Comments

• Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Not a SATA drive is it?

Many older laptops really puke when trying to reinstall - you need to load the sata driver to get things cooking.
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • Options
    itprojohnnyking2007grditprojohnnyking2007grd Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am sorry i did not specify the controller type it is EIED. It sees the hard drive fails format on both hard drives.

I would have to say its the controller.
    RussS wrote:
    Not a SATA drive is it?

Many older laptops really puke when trying to reinstall - you need to load the sata driver to get things cooking.
    Working on MCDST