Options

Prime95

shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
anyone ever used it before? I just built my new machine compliments of dynamik and wanted to see how a heavy load preformed on it ie monitoring temps and such. Just wanted to get some feedback on it...check it out if you haven't before. http://www.mersenne.org/freesoft/

Comments

• Options
    JavonRJavonR Member Posts: 245
    I used to use Prime95 back in my overclocking days, excellent way to test stability.
  • Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    Prime95 and distributed.net.
  • Options
    CaptainCharismaCaptainCharisma Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I've used it once and that was on the only computer I've ever overclocked. The general consensus that I was seeing was that after you overclocked you would need to run Prime95 for at least 24 hours to make sure your overclock was stable.

My computer that I had overclocked had an Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe motherboard, an AMD 64 3700+ processor and 2 gigs of DDR500. The stock speed on the processor was 2.2 GHz, and I was able to push an extra 520 MHz out of it to get it to 2.72 GHz on air cooling. I decided to stop there, so I don't how much more I could have gotten out of the CPU because I did not want to blow it up. I ran Prime95 for over 21 hours and concluded that my overclock was stable.