mwgoodmwgood Member Posts: 293
Passed the 640-801 Exam Today :)

Um... I guess that's all I can say.

-Mike

Comments

• Options
    quickpotquickpot Member Posts: 47 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats icon_thumright.gif

I had the exact issues in the beginning and I thought it was normal. I have tried many test centers since and finally found one where they had no delay whatsoever. It gets irritating once you start taking the CCNP simulations because there is a lot of troubleshooting involved and if it takes 30 seconds to process "show run", it is definitely a problem. My suggestion is to find another test center for your future exams so that you have a pleasant testing experience.

What will you be studying next?
  • Options
    Next, I'm headed down the path to CCNP (got my cisco press books already) - jobwise, going to focus on getting more hands on experience and possibly migrating over to networking as opposed to just technical support.

I'll probably stick a Linux+ cert in there when I get some free time :)

-Mike
  • Options
    keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    grats
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • Options
    PSUalumPSUalum Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on your pass!!! Also, congratulations on violating the confidentiality agreement you agreed to. Its not a good idea to be discussing ANY exam info on public forums. Cisco can revoke your cert for what you posted. Just an FYI to CYA.

Check the following out....

3 CONFIDENTIALITY AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OWNERSHIP
    3.1 Confidentiality. You agree that the contents of the exam are confidential and that the
    disclosure of that information could compromise the integrity of the Program and of
    Certifications. Cisco makes exams available to you solely to test your knowledge of the
    exam subject matter for which you seek Certification. You are expressly prohibited from
    disclosing, publishing, reproducing, or transmitting any exam and any related information
    including, without limitation, questions, answers, worksheets, computations, drawings,
    diagrams, length or number of exam segments or questions, or any communication,
    including oral communication regarding or related to the exam (known collectively as
    “Proprietary Information”), in whole or in part, in any form or by any means, oral or
    written, electronic or mechanical, for any purpose, without the prior express written
    permission of Cisco.
    3.2 Intellectual Property Ownership. Cisco retains all rights, title and interest in and to all
    Program and related information, content, data, exams, materials, and all copyrights, patent
    rights, trademark rights and other proprietary rights therein. All rights not expressly
    granted by Cisco to you are expressly reserved to Cisco.
    4 TERM AND TERMINATION
    4.1 Term. The term of this Agreement is perpetual.
    4.2 Termination for Convenience. Either you or Cisco may terminate this Agreement at any
    time, with or without cause, upon thirty (30) days written notice to the other.
    4.3 Termination By Cisco. Cisco may, in its sole discretion, terminate this Agreement at any
    time if you breach any of the material terms of this Agreement, or if you violate or fail to
    meet any Program requirements. ;
    4.4 Notice. Cisco will provide you written notice of termination at your last known address.
    Termination shall be effective as of the date set forth in the notice. Cisco, without waiving
    its right to immediately terminate this Agreement, may provide you with thirty (30) days to
    correct any default. If Cisco permits such a cure period, your failure to cure any default
    within the cure period shall automatically cause the termination of this Agreement without
    further notice.
    4.5 Effect of Termination. Upon the termination of this Agreement, you shall immediately
    cease to represent yourself as Cisco Certified.
  • Options
    Ten9t6Ten9t6 Member Posts: 691
    Congrats on you pass.....

The problems I have experienced w/ the sims have to do w/ the antivirus configurations on the testing pcs.
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA
  • Options
    xwesleyxwillisxxwesleyxwillisx Member Posts: 158
    you have to use copy run start w/ every sim? is that really true? i took and passed the intro exam w/ two router sims and didn't bother saving the configuration... they would be counted wrong for that? i've never been told you needed to save the configs for simulations icon_confused.gif

thx
  • Options
    PSUalum wrote:
    Congratulations on your pass!!! Also, congratulations on violating the confidentiality agreement you agreed to. Its not a good idea to be discussing ANY exam info on public forums. Cisco can revoke your cert for what you posted. Just an FYI to CYA.

I have edited my comments (above). I was aware of the confidentiality agreement, but since the topics I mentioned are commonly discussed in these forums, I had no idea they were even close to violating the agreement. Anyway, I have removed any comments that I think could possibly be in violation of the confidentiality agreement.

Thanks,

Mike
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    I don't know what you posted exactly, but I read almost all posts and as long as I don't delete/edit a post, you don't have to remove them yourself either.

These forums are meant to discuss the technologies covered in the CCNA exam, as published in the exam objectives, or topics you found in your study guide, our technotes or practice exams. I.o.w. to share and exchange knowledge about Cisco technologies.

You cannot post information you know from your exam, however. Meaning you can ask a question about OSPF, you just cannot ask it in the same form it was asked in the exam (ie. not with the choices), nor should you disclose that you had it on your exam. You can't say something like:"I had 15 questions about OSPF, 5 about VLANs, etc.etc." nor "I had a simulation question about OSPF where I had to configure yadayadayada." Nobody will take you cert away, nor delete your post, if you'd say something like, "I had more questions about OSPF then I expected....", or "I didn't even get questions about 'this or that' exam objective." I guess two words sum it up: common sense

As long as you don't disclose exam information that leads to an unfair advantage for others, and respect the intellectual property (exact text and images etc.) you are save posting your experience with the CCNA exam here. And when in doubt, you can always PM me...