Options

MCITP: Enterprise Support Technician

NobylspoonNobylspoon Member Posts: 620 ■■■□□□□□□□
From what I noticed it seems like the best way and sometimes the only way to get your foot in the door to the IT world is through a help desk job so I was wondering if it is recommended to go after the MCITP: Enterprise Support Technician or is this just mainly for people who plan on support work as their entire career?

I am currently working on the 70-620 since it is good for MCSE and MCITP: EA which are goals of mine and it would only be one additional exam to take. I was just curious on others thoughts and opinions of this certification.
WGU PROGRESS

MS: Information Security & Assurance
Start Date: December 2013

Comments

• Options
    IT ManIT Man Member Posts: 159
    Most people I have spoken to and dealt with go after the A+ and sometimes Network+ certs first before going into the Microsoft and/or Cisco world. Not saying what you are doing is wrong, just what most folks I know have done since most helpdesk jobs involve troubleshooting with the PC and not always the OS.

Obtaining that cert doesn't bind you to a life of support work, it is just a stepping stone into the IT world. If that is your desire, go for that cert to help get your foot in the door, then continue to study so that you can upgrade it to the MCSE/MCITP:EA cert.
    Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll still land among the stars. - Les Brown
  • Options
    IT Man wrote:
    Most people I have spoken to and dealt with go after the A+ and sometimes Network+ certs first before going into the Microsoft and/or Cisco world. Not saying what you are doing is wrong, just what most folks I know have done since most helpdesk jobs involve troubleshooting with the PC and not always the OS.

Obtaining that cert doesn't bind you to a life of support work, it is just a stepping stone into the IT world. If that is your desire, go for that cert to help get your foot in the door, then continue to study so that you can upgrade it to the MCSE/MCITP:EA cert.

Thanks for the reply. Don't worry I havent forgotten about A+ and Network+, two of my classes next semester go hand and hand with those exams so I am waiting until I get a little further into the semester before I take them especially with Network+ so I can take advantage of the labs in the classroom.

I planned on knocking out my 70-620 first since I have a month before the semester even starts and I have been working with Vista Ultimate since its release. Although I wouldn't take 70-622 until after my A+ and Network+.
    WGU PROGRESS

• Options
    Sorry Mods I just realized I should have posted this topic in the Vista exams forum, please feel free to move it over.
    WGU PROGRESS