took a plunge

Well... I took the 270 exam this afternoon. It wasn't the results I was hoping for.
Passing score:700
My score:519

I need to work on my file and NTFS permissions, along with LGPO's. and system performance. I will dedicate myself to another week or 2 of studies before I take the 2nd shot.

Comments

• EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Would have been a good Christmas present if you had passed. Anyways, this isnt a test to be underestimated. Dealing with XP everyday doesnt really make this test any easier. Many seasoned administrators have been taken by surprise.

I'd say, take 3 weeks and annihilate this fluffy kitten. Good luck for your next time.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • someehsomeeh Member Posts: 143
    thanks man..I'm planning on taking some time off work just to cram for the 2nd shot offer. I know my weak points that I have to focus on now.

Merry Xmas all :D
  • mvastarellimvastarelli Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Essendon wrote:
    Would have been a good Christmas present if you had passed. Anyways, this isnt a test to be underestimated. Dealing with XP everyday doesnt really make this test any easier. Many seasoned administrators have been taken by surprise.

I can second this. At first glance the test criteria looks deceptively similar to 271. As a rule I never mess around when I commit to a test and I'm glad I didn't with this one. I ended up putting it off for a month or so after I was convinced that it would be a cakewalk. Had I taken it when I originally thought I was ready I would have failed for sure.
    CompTIA Tests: 220-301, 220-302, N10-003, SY0-101
    Microsoft Tests: 70-270, 70-271, 70-272, 70-536, 70-526, 70-502