What should I take Net+ or security+ pls help.

orissaorissa Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi Everyone:

I passed both A+ core and OS. I would like to know what is next and good Net+ or Security+ ? For your information my plan is to complete my MCSE in 2 to 3 months.

Please advice, how many study hour good to pass Net+

Thank You all
orissa
Nothing is impossible in this IT world.

Comments

• bighuskerbighusker Member Posts: 147
    Take Security+ if you want to go for your MCSE. It counts as an elective, so you'd only have to take 7 more tests to get your MCSE. A+/Net+ combo does count as an elective for MCSA however.
  • RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    It really depends on your level of experience and knowledge.

I suggest Net+ as your next step. Sec+ is only an elective for MCSE +Sec which is more involved that MCSE. Also if you are expecting to pass MCSE in 2-3 months I would suggest going straight into that and forgetting everything else - MCSE usually takes longer than that even for those with reasonable experience in the field.
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    RussS wrote:
    Sec+ is only an elective for MCSE +Sec which is more involved that MCSE.

The Security exam is a possible elective for plain MCSA and MCSE as well. As quoted below, for the MCSE: Security and the MCSA:Security certifications the Security can be used to fullfill a Security specialization requirement (instead of taking the 70-227 ISA exam). The big advantage is that it can be used both as an elective and a requirement.

www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcsa/requirements.asp

www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcse/requirements.asp
    MS site wrote:
    Security+ certification satisfies both the MCSA elective requirement and an MCSA: Security specialization requirement.
  • keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    insteresting... i may have to adjust my plan and add the mcsa
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    << slaps self around head - the way I read my newsletter from Microsoft I read it that Sec+ was only for the MCSA + Sec or MCSE + Sec.
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007