Options

PASSED!!!! WOO!!!!

50 Questions. 2+ hours. 800.
I used a little over an hour of the allotted time.
I was a little worried by the end.
There were about 10 "Pick 2 or pick 3" questions.
But I did it. Thank Jesus. Woo!
Thanks to everyone for any and all help.

Study info:
Transcender Tests
Microsoft Book
TechNotes from this site
About 2 months study
Last night I read through all the technotes
Took the test this morning

Comments

• Options
    skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    Congratulations!! icon_thumright.gif

So what's up next for you? Besides drunken_smilie.gif of course...
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • Options
    ThunderPipeThunderPipe Member Posts: 120
    Thanks!

Well, I of course want to work on the MCSE. But I also have a desire to take a step back and take the A+. Maybe even the N+ or Security+.
  • Options
    Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Rather than comptia, you ever think of the MCDST and then upgrading it to Enterprise Support technician? Having just passed your 70-270 this would be pretty easy and look great on your resume.

If you don't have a strong networking background I would realy recommend you think about CCENT before moving forward.
    -Daniel
  • Options
    I was origninally working on my ccna, but my boss told me to take a step back on that and get my MCP. I've got a few books on CCNA, but I'm just trying to figure out what to do next. I dont really wanna do the MCDST. Don't know why. Its just not sounding good. The Comptia are standards. The MCDST is microsoft XP.
  • Options
    skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    just like with the MCDST, you can use some CompTIA certs as your electives for MCSA/MCSE. A+ & Network+ can be used for the MCSA elective, and I believe you can use Security+ for either MCSA/MCSE electives. There's a few options there, you can check out this link for some more info.

I also briefly thought about doing the MCDST but it just doesn't appeal that much to me either. Dunno why, but I feel the same way about it - just "meh."
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • Options
    Nice to know I'm not the only one. But, "meh" definitely describes the feeling. Spot on!