Options

*New TE Forum Features - How do I?*

13»

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    KGhaleon wrote: »
    What happened to the forum last night and today?
    http://techexams.net/forums/announcement.php?f=35
  • Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I was pretty sure you could update the title of a thread that you started on the old forums, I can't seem to do it here. I think it's a vbulletin limitation but I figured I'd check to see if I'm missing anything obvious.

I did an advanced edit, and it let me change the title of the first post of the thread, but the thread title stayed the same.

Thanks,

b
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    blargoe wrote: »
    I was pretty sure you could update the title of a thread that you started on the old forums, I can't seem to do it here. I think it's a vbulletin limitation but I figured I'd check to see if I'm missing anything obvious.

I did an advanced edit, and it let me change the title of the first post of the thread, but the thread title stayed the same.

Thanks,

b

That's correct, it is a limitation or more a feature of vBulletin. Basically to prevent titles from being changed once people are used to it and 'know' the topic by name. However, I think it's set by default to just 5 min or so, so let me add some digits to that.
  • Options
    Hi Johan,

Thanks for the reply, the one I'm referring to is actually a month old so it would probably fall outside the range that you would set anyway. It's really not a big deal I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.

b
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    is anyone else able to access MS Practice exams?? The info page for the 290 exam says shows a link for a 20-question practice exam but when you go to that page, it says 0 questions...and if you click start, you just get a grey/blank screen. Same for 270. Am I the only one?
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • Options
    genXrcistgenXrcist Member Posts: 531
    skrpune wrote: »
    is anyone else able to access MS Practice exams?? The info page for the 290 exam says shows a link for a 20-question practice exam but when you go to that page, it says 0 questions...and if you click start, you just get a grey/blank screen. Same for 270. Am I the only one?

I've seen the same thing on the CCNA exams, 0 questions to load. Been like that for a couple of days now I believe, just figured it would come up soon enough. :)
    1) CCNP Goal: by August 2012
  • Options
    SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
    MS exams showed similar to me. Im sure Johan will sort it soon. Bear with him, after all he has put in its only a small problem. Keep up the work Johan!!

If theres anything I can do to help give me a shout.
    Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I think there's a quirk in the different versions of PHP between servers that is messing with the test engine. It'll probably be remedied shortly.
  • Options
    skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    Sie wrote: »
    MS exams showed similar to me. Im sure Johan will sort it soon. Bear with him, after all he has put in its only a small problem.
    yeah, I figured it was a remnant of the changeover...just wanted to make sure it wasn't just me & wanted to mention it so to get it on the list of things to be fixed. I gotta say, with an unscheduled site switchover, it's amazing that the site's working so well and that there are just small bugs like that left to be fixed. Impressive.
    Sie wrote:
    Keep up the work Johan!
    Ditto! I can only imagine what kind of hard work is going on behind the scenes. Kudos!! icon_thumright.gif
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Thanks for your patients and understanding, sure makes it all a lot more doable!

TechExams has working practice exams online once again :D I.o.w. it's fixed. Well, at least the engine itself is working again, the templates need some fixing and it's possible some other errors may popup or some questions may not load properly. If that's the case please let me know. I've done some quick 'tests' and that went well, very well actually because of the faster server.

Most have probably noticed it already but next to the User CP option in the mini menu at the top of all forum pages is a menu option called Practice Exams that provides quick access.

@Blargoe: I set it at 10 days, but if you want to change a title you can always PM the moderator for that forum or me (and then will add "(was [insert old topic title here])" temporarily.
  • Options
    Thanks Johan
    IT guy since 12/00