New website

Hey guys,
I've recently persuaded my girlfriend to sit one of the MS exams (70-620), the idea is she can gain a bit of extra technical knowledge and possibly help me out in my business with some better informed marketing assistance.

Anyway the upshot of this is I've spent a lot of time working through the study material with her and explaining a lot bits and pieces as well as developing some extra notes etc for her (she's good with PC's but without any formal structured knowledge of the subject). Its now got to the stage where I've decided to stick a few of these notes up on a site along with a blog about my own struggles through MCSA, MSCE and MCITP.

While there are some similarities with the Technotes section on TechExams I'm certainly not aiming to be in competition (I use this site waaay to much to want to do that :) ) and I think its always a good idea to get your study information from as many sources as possible.

At the moment the Training Wiki has some info for 70-620 and I'm looking to expand that to other exams later. I'm also planning on offering some training video's to help with sim style questions.

It'd be great to have some people pop by and tell me what they think of the site, I'd also welcome any one who'd like to contribute.

The url is: http://www.rndout.com

Wishing you all a great new year :)

Edward

Comments

• the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    You have an error with your wiki links....

Click and it sends you to: http://www.rndout.com/\wiki

When you want: http://www.rndout.com/wiki/Main_Page

Other then that looks good!
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • elaverick1981elaverick1981 Member Posts: 161
    Thanks for the heads up, where are you seeing that link error? There are 3 links to the wiki - training resources, wiki button and wiki text link in the welcome message, but they all look good on this PC... ahh the joys of bug hunting :D
    Aha, you must be a Firefox user then :)
    Turns out IE converts \ to / automatically while Firefox just renders it as you told it to... The wonders of site maintainance... I'd forgotten quite how annoying it was :D
    I've just added the first of the certification videos to my training Wiki and I'd appreciate people's comments on it.
    I'm especially interest to know if the video is of a high enough quality to be easily viewed on your PC and if you feel it's in depth enough or too simplistic and (god-forbid) if you spot any factual errors in it. The video is available here - http://www.rndout.com/wiki/70-620:Networking_Remote_Access
    and you can make comments either in here or on the news item on the blog

Thanky :)
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    1. Very good overall! That's definitely the most sophisticated-sounding CBT I've seen.
    2. It's very quiet. I had to crank YouTube and my system's volume all the way up. I momentarily went deaf when I got an IM (headphones).
    3. I was so let down when it didn't connect icon_cry.gif
    4. What resolution did you upload it at? You can now watch YouTube in HD, but when I go to the video on YouTube, that isn't an option.
    dynamik wrote: »
    1. Very good overall! That's definitely the most sophisticated-sounding CBT I've seen.
    2. It's very quiet. I had to crank YouTube and my system's volume all the way up. I momentarily went deaf when I got an IM (headphones).
    3. I was so let down when it didn't connect icon_cry.gif
    4. What resolution did you upload it at? You can now watch YouTube in HD, but when I go to the video on YouTube, that isn't an option.
    Great feedback, thanks. I'll have a play with the volume and see what I can do. Its recorded off a bluetooth headset so I may need to tweak it a bit to get it spot on. The res is set at 640 x 360 which is what YouTube recommends for 16:9... I wonder if they're anything like Vimeo and only post the HD copy after a short delay (it's only just gone up).