70-620, I feel so stupid

techster79techster79 Member Posts: 169 ■■■□□□□□□□
Alright so today is test day, and I was all set to leave for the test and on a hunch called the testing center. Turns out I scheduled the test for 1300, or 1pm; not 3pm like I originally thought. The testing center is 90 minutes away, and I won't get there in time. I called Prometric and there is nothing they can do, unless I have proof I couldn't get there out of my own control. ARGH!!! I know I would pass the test, think what I will do now is study up on the 70-649 and take both the 649 & 620 on the same day. ARGH!!!

I feel soooo stupid. It's like failing the test automatically and I have no one to blame but myself.
Studying for MCSE: Server Infrastructure (70-414 left)

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I forget about mine all the time. I've had a few no-shows over the last couple of years.

Did you use the second shot? At least you'd get a free retake with that; I had to pay for mine.
  • techster79techster79 Member Posts: 169 ■■■□□□□□□□
    No, I was counting on passing and getting reimbursed through work. I do have a 15% promo code I can use to take the $125 to 106.25.
  • skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    try calling the test center...they might be more flexible about it and if they have an opening, they may let you still come on in
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • remyforbes777remyforbes777 Member Posts: 499
    Always print out your test schedule and stick it to your refrigerator with a magnet. That's what I always do and it tends to work.
  • NobylspoonNobylspoon Member Posts: 620 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I have my 70-620 scheduled for the 17th. I put it on my calander and set it to send an email and text my phone that morning with a reminder. Hopefully you either have Second Short or Prometric will be willing to work with you :/

Good luck on your exam when you are able to take it.
    WGU PROGRESS

MS: Information Security & Assurance
    Start Date: December 2013
  • techster79techster79 Member Posts: 169 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Well I passed 70-620 with a 914 after wasting my first exam fee. Now I have the three MCITP exams(649, 646, and 647) ahead of me.

Any recommendations on order to take the tests, I'm leaning toward the 649. I have the 640, 642, and 643 MSPress books. Should I study these in numerical order or does it matter? I did try the search function on the forum and google and have not found a good enough answer.
  • skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    Congrats on the pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    Congratulations! I'd recommend doing in the 647 before the 649 as I believe it gives you a good warm-up for the exam. As for the books I've glanced through them though I've only read part of the 647 so take my recommendation with a grain of salt. Go through the 640 first then toss a coin on the 642 & 643 as they looked to be refining out their respective areas. Especially focus on what you're most inexperienced with though and the new technologies.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/